Ecoboost Owner Forums

On 8/7/2018 at 9:59 AM, brucelinc said:

I changed my annually and many others do the same.   It is not difficult to suck the old fluid out and put new in if you are a do-it-yourselfer.....although it can be messy.    If you don't want to do it, there are places that will.   You might want to check around.    It is good maintenance.   

There are no plugs to remove to get to the fluid on my MKS. I heard that on the SHOs their is.? ??

20 hours ago, smokingozzy said:

There are no plugs to remove to get to the fluid on my MKS. I heard that on the SHOs their is.? ??

It is the same as an SHO.    You suck the old lubricant out of the fill plug.    The fill plug can be seen from under the car.   I  am sure there are pictures of it floating around somewhere in the forums.

I only put on 5000 miles a year, so I change it every 15,000 miles.  When the car is out of its extended Ford warrantee, I'll probably do it every 10,000 miles. At this point, if it blows, I'm still under warranty so every 15,000 miles is what I decided to do. I have the dealer do it. If I recall correctly, it's about 100 bucks or so. I did have to convince them over time to do it........ as they gave me the standard "FORD says it's lifetime fluid".