Ecoboost Owner Forums

Navigation update

Yes, the radio still worked. It does seem a little faster. And yes, my grace notes were either updated as part of the map install, or I already had the current version. I did not have to reprogram any part of my system. All the previously travelled locations were still in there, I did not have to reprogram home location like I have had to do with some updates on a portable sat nav.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completed the update last Monday and I agree, I notice better voice recognition but no change to the order of placing commands. We still have to say "phone" and then "call......" , I had hoped this would be updated. I also hoped there would be a color choice on the home screen as I personally find it difficult to see the orange text on blue background, especially with my polarized sunglasses on, bu no such luck. I must say the process was simple though it took long and I agree, it was nice that all my presets and saved POI's were still there. Don't know about map updates since all the places I wanted to go to were there before so I will never know if it is truly different.

Archived