Ecoboost Owner Forums

let us discuss the rough

Actual if the car in stock form, not lowered. The ride is pretty good, considering I came from driving a cadillac DTS. Since lowered my ride is a bit bumpier, but as for road noise the car is very quite. Fill us in with questions asked above and we be able to narrow it down to what maybe your issue.

rough ride

the rough riding on the tire and suspension you can hear the street sounds and it drives not smooth I had a new Taurus 2011 Se and the problem from the beginning until now I drove 20 k miles for example any little hole in the street you can feel it when you are driving with some vibration. I'm surprising that no one here faced this problem in our region ( Middle East ) all of us have the problem and the agency always says that the suspension is a sport type which gives you stable driving with rough ride. ????? any help.....

I assume you have had into the dealer to have it look at? Have you tried driving another Taurus? Im just trying to get as much info as possible before I take a stab at. But the reason your not seeing others on here that don't share your problem is, most of us are driving SHO's. Now please don't take that the wrong way, we glad to have anyone here regardless of model.

For the SHO considering the type of car it is and the wheels it has, I think the ride is pretty good. And as for road noise there is none. I have never driven a different model taurus, to be able to compare. But I would have imagined your car or the limited would have a better ride then mine, with softer suspension and wider side walls on tires. I know I have read a couple of threads else where, where some had noise or ride issues with there taurus's. And if remember correctly Bad wheel bearing was problem for one person and changing tires I thought resolved another persons problem. But I am understanding your correctly that this isn't a new problem, but a problem you have had since day one? Which makes think is there a problem with car at all. Now please don't get me wrong, I believe you when you say you don't like the way the car rides and really want you to like and enjoy your car as I work for Ford. I would really like to believe there is something wrong so it can be fixed and you can be please with your purchase. I don't even want to say it, but maybe the car isn't for you. You never did say if the dealer had looked at, I assume you have. But I am sure the taurus isn't everyone cup of tea or everyone would own one. I sure hope we can find you a problem to get fixed, but this 1st time I have heard of you and others having noise and ride related issues. If there is some sort of known issue someone will find it. Good luck

Welcome here. I love the ride on my SHO. I have the 20" Michelin tires and the ride is great, from Los Angeles to Des Moines.

Just be patient here and everyone will try to help u with your problem. But it seems as though if others are having the same problem, then there are probably different specs on Taurus's over there.

The things that most contribute to harsh/rough ride are the springs, shocks/struts and tires. As the wheel size increases, the sidewall on the tire decreases. This can be a factor. Suspensions that are designed to provide a sporty ride and limit body sway and roll also contribute to a 'rougher" ride. Generally, it is a compromise between comfort and sportiness. Since you have the smaller wheels, what you are experiencing is due to springs, shocks/struts and various suspension bushings. Since most aftermarket springs lower the car, they tend to be more firm/harsh, so that is not going to help. Your best bet would be to try some adjustable shocks/struts and "tune" things to your liking. Probably not going to be cheap though.

I agree with EcoBrick Bob and his reply earlier.

The suspension setup on the Taurus for the Middle East probably isn't the same as the US model. I'm not sure how you can find out the true difference between the suspension tuning differences in the US vs Middle East models.

In the US, the Taurus has a very smooth and quite ride.

Archived