Ecoboost Owner Forums

How To: Replace your brake light bulb on your 2010+ Bull

Hello you are probably here to find out you need to replace a brake light bulb because it burnt out, probably from the 2nd or 3rd time someone has had to replace the tail lights due to chrome peeling and the mechanics dirty greasy fingers got all over the bulb for whatever reason. or if you are lucky you just need to replace the bulb from normal wear and tear.

my bulb burned out and it was either i take 2 and a half hours out of my day to take it to the dealership and have it done for free or do it myself and get it done in 20 minutes total

ok so things you will need

one 7/16 wrench

3057 replacement bulb (i went for the optional GE nighthawks which claim 20% greater brightness)

so step one, go to your nearest auto parts place and select the 2010 Bull

IMG_4673.jpg

locate the part in the billions upon billions of other replacement bulbs

IMG_4672.jpg

head home or somewhere well lit i chose my driveway,

now walk to the trunk and press the trunk release button on the remote (you could also get your fingers dirty by touching the button above the license plate)

SAM_2365.jpg

on the side where the burnt bulb is you will find 2 plastic screws in the trunk, unscrew these

SAM_2366.jpg

now gently pull on the carpeted trunk liner and fold it over to reveal the back of the tail light trunk area

there are 4 x 7/16 bolts you will need to remove (you can just losen them with the wrench and spin them off with your fingers

SAM_2368.jpg

after all 4 bolts are removed you will need to pull off a bit of the rubber trunk weather stripping gasket (just a little to help take out the tail light)

SAM_2369.jpg

now attempt to pull out the tail light partly, you can push on the bolts form the rear while holding the light

SAM_2370.jpg

now that you have the light out you can now twist out the socket from the tail light housing, and unplug the or pull out the bulb from its connector (just replace the bulb)

SAM_2374.jpg

now put everything back and in the reverse order and it should be good to go, you can also have someone push on the brake pedal or put an object on the brake pedal to illuminate the light to confirm it is working properly

SAM_2375.jpg

For LED's and nighthawks you will need to change both tail lights not just one (really it looks funny if you don't)

Added to the "How-To" STICKY where you will undoubtedly live on in EBOF infamy..... :hail:

Thanks Unknown for stepping up to the "How-To" platform.

I, of all people, truly appreciate other members having not only the fore thought to snap pics before, during and after....

But also, for taking the necessary time involved to coorelate the appropriate commentary and/or instructions to go along with each image.

Very cool to see that I'm not the only member to do this any longer.....

You guys contributing to the "How-To" thread are really awesome and on behalf of the entire community..... thanks :thumb:

Added to the "How-To" STICKY where you will undoubtedly live on in EBOF infamy..... :hail:

Thanks Unknown for stepping up to the "How-To" platform.

I, of all people, truly appreciate other members having not only the fore thought to snap pics before, during and after....

But also, for taking the necessary time involved to coorelate the appropriate commentary and/or instructions to go along with each image.

Very cool to see that I'm not the only member to do this any longer.....

You guys contributing to the "How-To" thread are really awesome and on behalf of the entire community..... thanks :thumb:

no problem mike i'll try to make more whenever i need to actually do something DIY. or if someone local is doing it, please just contact me if you want me to document everything for the SHO community

Archived