Ecoboost Owner Forums

"No Keyfob Detected" message

I have read a little on the subject, but never found anything conclusive. Today when I shut the car off, I got a "No Keyfob Detected" message even the fob was inside the car. Long story short, none of my four fobs (all working prior to today) function. No unlock/lock etc and none are detected in the vehicle. Only way to start the car is to use the glovebox slot. I tried reprogramming the fobs, but of course, got the max number of fobs programmed message , as four is the limit. I disconnected the battery about 10 minutes ago and am going to let it sit like that for a while and then retry. Any other tips besides taking it to the dealer? It is under warranty, but still a PITA. I seem to recall the fob sensor/module is connected in some way to the tire pressure sensors......I am not getting any tire pressure warnings.

Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide!

Not had it that bad, I have had it tell me "No Key Detected" when the key was in my pocket. But normally if I got the fob out of my pocket then it would detect it. Hope you get it figured out. If the disconnect doesn't work (can't remember if you have a tune installed) maybe returning it to stock would allow them to work, although this is the the first time I remember seeing this problem. Good luck!

UPDATE: After battery (negative cable) was disconnected for 20 minutes, and then re-connected - everything was back to normal. Hoping it was just some strange fluke or weird sequence of events that caused it. I did use the all windows/roof open function, which I hardly ever do, and my son said he unlocked the rear door lock manually as well - something not normally done. Who knows, just hope it was a one time event.

p.s. I don't have a tune...YET!

Glad to hear that the battery disconnect seemed to cure your problem...who knows with the technology in these cars today...now What the heck are you waiting for as far as the tune???? I'm telling you get the tune you will be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner....you'll wonder why you ever drove the car stock, and realize all the driving fun you've missed by waiting!

^^ LOL. Knock on wood, all good today still and I have used the car a lot today.

Re the tune, I am waiting because my car is certified, bumper to bumper until 9/2015. I really don't want to compromise that. I have done handheld tunes in the past (Superchips/Diablo) and was always really nervous even though I would set it back to stock before warranty service. I decided to just not risk it and not worry this time. It is something to look forward to in 2015. I know handheld tunes are nothing compared to what you guys have, so I am patiently waiting.

Glad the issue has resolved itself. But just a follow-up to the tune (and I'm not trying to influence you, I understand your concerns), but I have handheld tunes in the past and also chips, and the tunes from Livernois are NOTHING like that, they are true feel it in the "seat of your pants" performance improvements...it is almost impossible to accurately describe how much better the car works with the tune.

^^ Oh trust me' date=' I believe you. You don't need to sell me on the product (Livernois). The issue is I am a wuss, and don't want to risk messing up my warranty.[/quote']

Lol, I was right there with you. But when I could not find anyone reporting problems with LMS tunes, I went for it.

Another wuss here...but I finally pulled the trigger last week, just waiting for the tune to arrive from Livernois!

Look at the stats on Livernois; haven't they done something like 200+ SHO's and no issues? Plus can put the car back to stock if ever need service. And, it's not like you are going to be constantly on it, pushing the car to the max all the time.

I have had one of the Livernois tunes in my car since Jan. 2011 and never had any issues with it. I also don't put it back to stock when I take it to the dealer because the service manager is aware of the tune and won't do anything to the car that would mess up the tune...if it needs to be put back to stock he will warn me in advance. And yes, Livernois has done over 200 cars without a failure, in my mind they have proven there tunes to be very safe, and even the higher level ones are conservative.

I am not worried about Livernois actually messing up the car.

My concern is that if , for instance, a turbo fails - and it is not the Tune's fault, as it would have hypothetically failed anyway. But, Ford denies the claim because they find evidence of a tune that was installed, and then returned to stock. That's my concern. Despite all that wuss talk, I am starting to consider doing it anyway.....

Your concern is understandable, and I myself was in your shoes also as I am sure many other have been in also. Ford is well aware of inherent problems with these cars, so unless you have a warrantee claim of something never seen before they will probably to have the ecu examined to see if it's ever been tuned. Also there is a lot of dealer that make fraudulent claims ford get wise to them also, I really think judging by claims others have had dealers fix without issue, then you hear a story of a guy has the same claim and his dealer says they won't fix. So I think there is a relationship also between dealership and ford warranty service dept, so if you got dealer that gives you trouble any time you have your serviced. You may not want to mod your car, but the dealer near me knows my car well and will talking the folks over there many of them have mods on there car as well. But if one of turbos fail, I can't see this throwing up any red flags. Because these failures do occur, but if you bring you car in with melted pistons or rod sticking out the side of the block your prolly going to be SOL.

I am not worried about Livernois actually messing up the car.

My concern is that if , for instance, a turbo fails - and it is not the Tune's fault, as it would have hypothetically failed anyway. But, Ford denies the claim because they find evidence of a tune that was installed, and then returned to stock. That's my concern. Despite all that wuss talk, I am starting to consider doing it anyway.....

I really understand your concern, and I don't think there is any argument against not tuning the car...I guess I'm fairly lucky because my servicing dealer knows how I drive and how I maintain my vehicles, so the tune isn't a problem because they are aware that I do not drive the car hard at all, and I really believe this is the blessing of a small family dealership that has been around over 50 years. So no argument from me for choosing to not tune your car, if warranty is denied it can get real expensive real quick. But I do have to admit, the tune has made the car just a blast to drive, it completely changes the personality of the car from the stock. Oh, BTW, there is NO way you are going to convince me that the SHO that "What's his nose" (the NASCAR driver) drives in the commercials is not tuned, there is no way that is the stock off the lot car!

Thanks for the replies you two ^^. I have that kind of relationship with my Cadillac and Chevy dealer service departments and have tuned (handheld tunes) under warranty ( 2001 Tahoe and 07 Escalade) because I knew they had my back. My relationship with the Ford/Lincoln dealer is new. I slip my service advisor 20 bucks every service, and he has warrantied some questionable appearance items for me and got me a loaner car without any hassle. I just don't know if he has the pull to protect me on something bigger. The Ford suits seems to do a better job monitoring dealer service departments than GM based upon my limited experience.

Archived