Ecoboost Owner Forums

Octane Ratings and Livernois Tunes: Overcoming the local filling stations.

Sounds like just running Stage 3 is the way to go. If i could get by with 7$ extra per fill-up' date=' I'd have no problem running Torco, but by my figures it was going to be closer to 20$ per tank. If Livernois weren't a 15 hour drive I'd just head over there, have them install the meth kit, and tune it.[/quote']

It doesnt look hard to install yourself, just time consuming. You would have to remote tune which wouldnt yield max results but would work. Have been thinking about it myself, 5.5-6 hours to Milan MI for me, so less than 1/2 the distance you would have to drive.

I agree that Airaid is a great company and I am glad to support one of your website sponsors. I had ordered the Airaid kit before I even started this thread so I had no intention of buying the Weapon-R, i was just curious what others had heard about them as there kits look interesting.

That's funny Bob...but on a serious note, what would you do if you were in my situation? I am just wanting to be able to daily drive with the +4 tune....If I had to drive a half hour every time I needed to fill up I would do it if someone in that distance had 93 octane fuel, but I don't believe South Dakota even imports that rating of fuel; I think it is 87/89/91/92. I'm half tempted to be the first guy here to convert one of these engines over to run on e-85 :P

I love my AIRAID and like others no info on WEAPON-R

but one thing I lean about CAI is metal intake pipe induce more heat than plastic lowering the effeieney of CAI SYS. This is why I got a AIRAID SYS.

Archived