Ecoboost Owner Forums

Anyone have this problem? LMS STG 3 TUNE

Got my car back from the dealer for a bad injector. I went up to the track and put in my lms stg 3 tune in. Everytime I stall the car up at the line and let my foot off the brake the car would just hit the rev limiter and would not move. When I left off the gas and the rpms went to idle the car moved but would not shift. I put the car in M mode to use the paddle shifters and they would not work. The light that tells u what gear your in did not light up. I turned off the car and turned it back on then it drove and shifted fine. Go back to the line to race and does the same thing. Put the stock tune back in car runs and shifts fine but slow 14.6

Got my car back from the dealer for a bad injector. I went up to the track and put in my lms stg 3 tune in. Everytime I stall the car up at the line and let my foot off the brake the car would just hit the rev limiter and would not move. When I left off the gas and the rpms went to idle the car moved but would not shift. I put the car in M mode to use the paddle shifters and they would not work. The light that tells u what gear your in did not light up. I turned off the car and turned it back on then it drove and shifted fine. Go back to the line to race and does the same thing. Put the stock tune back in car runs and shifts fine but slow 14.6

If the dealer flashed your car with an updated file the strategy might be different. If that's the case LMS can fix it easily once you read the new strategy...I'd check that first..my hunch is that's what happened

Yep...... I agree with Darrell.

Sounds like the dealer probably updated the strategy code w/o ever advising you about having done so.

Dealer's service dept's will typically do that....

LMS has well over 200 cars now tuned, and no one that I am aware of has had any issues attributed to them.

Check with Rick on next business day (Monday) and I'm sure you'll get it worked out.

Sucks waiting until then as it's the weekend.

If the dealer flashed your car with an updated file the strategy might be different. If that's the case LMS can fix it easily once you read the new strategy...I'd check that first..my hunch is that's what happened

That was the first thing I did when I got my car back from the dealer. Rick sent me out new tunes for the new strategy code befor I went to the track.

If your EB engine or Tranny go into dealer for repair or TSB..... ALWAYS CHECK THE STRATEGY CODE to see if it has changed.... ALWAYS. Ford continually updates the ECM strategy to fix potential issues and improve driving performance.

It does not do it when it has the stock tune in it. It runs and drives just like it always did. I guess I can tell ford hey it only works like that when I have my performance tune in it. I bet they would love to here that then they will charge me to fix this pos. I might just trade this thing in and get a new mustang.

It does not do it when it has the stock tune in it. It runs and drives just like it always did. I guess I can tell ford hey it only works like that when I have my performance tune in it. I bet they would love to here that then they will charge me to fix this pos. I might just trade this thing in and get a new mustang.

OK, enjoy the new Mustang.

Archived