Ecoboost Owner Forums

Ice buckets

So, conveniently enough, my A/C went out at the house this weekend. Misery ensued. So while waiting for the repair man I jumped in the SHO and went for my weekly haircut (gotta love being in the service). That's when it hit me; not only was I sitting in an air conditioned vehicle that gets downright chilly, I turned on the cooled seats and set my a$$ numb. Add in the massage and I didn't see any reason to go back home....

...until the wife called and said they fixed the A/C :biggrin1:

I was using the a/c in the seats recently and thinking how nice it was; then I had a flashback to college where the first couple of years I only had a bicycle, and was thinking I would have never imagined I'd own a car that had air conditioned seats!

The good thing about only owning a bicylce in college; never have to worry about drinking to much and driving!

• 2 weeks later...
Only my butt portion works. For some reason the back portion heats up when I turn the a/c on.

I thought I was crazy until you said so! I feel the same thing! Butt, ice cold, but my lower back portion is hot as all get out. I wonder if it's just because there isn't a 'vent' tube up the back that makes us "think" the back is hotter but it's our butts that are so cold that it gives us the impression ?

Anybody else?

I notice that I do get some cool air blowing on my back when the seats are on....not sure if the air is blowing from the lumbar area or from the bottom.

Same here; wondering the same thing...but it is nice as my back gets hot. Guess that is one of the good things about having such a short summer here, don't have to worry about it to much!

^^ I just experienced this phenomenon for the first time today. Cooled seat, felt like heated back. My son had the passenger side on and experienced the same thing in that seat. I have certainly used the cooled seats before, but this has never happened before. Car is scheduled to go in wednesday for a few other minor things, so I will report the issue. It was not just the difference between cooled and uncooled - the back was clearly being heated!

Gave a friend a ride and turned on the cooled seats to brag about them..... Well here's the problem I think he dug his jeans from the hamper and I promptly fumigated my car. One benefit though is you don't have to worry about blasting a fart into the foam and definitely helps to sneak attack with an SBD. LOL sorry for the high school humor guys couldn't help it.

Archived