Ecoboost Owner Forums

Engine Oil, Filter and Spark Plug Change

Honestly if you don't have at least 60k on the car I wouldn't even consider changing plugs. However if insist on changing I would stick with OEM, there design to last 100K. But I never wait that long for me that would be 10yrs. And as far as I know everyone is running stock plugs, unless they are meth injected then they running colder plug either Denso's or NGK's. Rockauto.com has great prices on our motorcraft plugs.

Honestly if you don't have at least 60k on the car I wouldn't even consider changing plugs. However if insist on changing I would stick with OEM' date=' there design to last 100K. But I never wait that long for me that would be 10yrs. And as far as I know everyone is running stock plugs, unless they are meth injected then they running colder plug either Denso's or NGK's. Rockauto.com has great prices on our motorcraft plugs.[/quote']

Yeah I want to change them regardless but what model number are commonly used?

NGK makes a plug that is 2 stages colder, which I have been running w/o any issues. They are called IRIDIUM IX.

The cross reference number is: ITV22.

Their actual part number is. LTR71X-11 (or stock # 6510)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

NGK makes a plug that is 2 stages colder, which I have been running w/o any issues. They are called IRIDIUM IX.

The cross reference number is: ITV22.

Their actual part number is. LTR71X-11 (or stock # 6510)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Perfect...Thanks! I like NGK products as I use them in my Cobra and notchback

Archived