Ecoboost Owner Forums

Chrome Trim?

I know a lot of people have had problems with the chrome in the rear of the car chipping. I was curious, is there anyone out there who has actually taken all of the chrome trim off? Around the windows and on the rear trunk? I was curious to how they are fastened to the vehicles? Also if anyone knows where to purchase brand new trim with out having to go directly to my local stealership and getting destroyed on the pricing.

I did a bit of searching but came up empty handed so far.

+1 on this inquiry. I would like to get my hands on some fresh new window trim to paint before putting it back on the car. The chrome on the taillights you're stuck with. I swapped out for some lights from an SEL model that had no chrome trim to get rid of it. Get the 'spear' painted (or plasti-dip yourself) and get a replacement ford oval to get rid of trunk chrome.

+1 on this inquiry. I would like to get my hands on some fresh new window trim to paint before putting it back on the car. The chrome on the taillights you're stuck with. I swapped out for some lights from an SEL model that had no chrome trim to get rid of it. Get the 'spear' painted (or plasti-dip yourself) and get a replacement ford oval to get rid of trunk chrome.

How much did you spend getting the new headlights? I like that idea better then having the black around the lights. Though I think it looks good, I think it would be more "simple" with just the light with no exterior accents.

How much did you spend getting the new headlights? I like that idea better then having the black around the lights. Though I think it looks good' date=' I think it would be more "simple" with just the light with no exterior accents.[/quote']

To be clear, TAIL lights. I'm pretty sure thats what you meant there ;-). I think I paid the shipping, but it was a pretty even swap. Now keep in mind, my chrome was NOT peeling and this deal worked well for somebody looking for more 'bling' for their SEL model.

Archived