Ecoboost Owner Forums

Royal Purple Oil and Filters

mjhpadi

I have managed to discover that Royal Purple oil filters are manufactured by Champion Labs. These filters seem to be equal or above quality to K&N and Mobil One to mention other filters. So far it appears that these filters rank in the very good category but that is only from the limited info I have been able to find on them. Also it seems that they are only found at Pep Boys as the national chain store routinely carrying these filters. Still not a lot of firsthand info about Royal Purple oil or likes and dislikes about it. I am trying to find as much info as possible, as I am considering using these on the SHO. So any firsthand knowledge anyone can add is a plus.

Thanks for doing the legwork Mark -- I've ordered some Mobil 1 filters for now since they're available thru a local auto parts store (PartSource) -- but let me know what you find out about the RP filters especially the price.

Mobil 1 no doubt are good but they are pricey up here at just under $17/ tax in.

Nobody I've talked to so far knows about RP yet but I'll still keep looking. If I learn anything I'll be sure and post here.

Cheers,

Colin

Thanks C., I've found that on-line (Summit) has the cheapest price I have found at $12.96 but they want $6.95 shipping on the filters. Last time I bought Mobil One filters for the Explorer I got them at $8.00...but I bought 12, since at that time I was also using them on the Lincoln. So the RP filters seem to be more expensive then the Mobil One, but I am continuing my search...going to see if any of the local stores are willing to give a discount if purchased by case lots. The Royal Purple come 6 in a case...if I can find a good price I might make the switch. Since I know I can get Mobil One at a discount. Will keep posted on my findings.

I have used RP 5w-30 in my Lightning truck for about 6 or 7 years now with no problems. I usually change it somewhere btw 3,000 and 5,000 miles. I have not had any engine related problems (knock on wood) so far! My truck runs 11.80s with a small shot of N2O. I usually use motorcraft or K&N oil filters. I definatly will put it in my MKS when the free oil changes run out from the dealer!!!

Archived