Ecoboost Owner Forums

H&R vs Eibach

I am about to buy a kit and wanted to get some feedback. My main concern is hitting the front end. Is the H&R kit a lower spring kit then the Eibach? I see a mix of installs on everyone's cars here. Some of my roads have dips that stock I have to creep into a turn or pull out onto a road slowly. I had a previously lowered car a while back and just had to be careful not to scrape but it was doable.

I can only speak for the H&Rs...the drop isn't so much that you scrape on everything. And living in Michigan you'd be hard pressed to have any crappier roads than we have here. My Lighting was lowered 4/6 and I had to worry about scraping on EVERYTHING. Haven't really had that worry with the SHO

My Eibachs dropped her about 1 inch, from what I understand H&R is more like 2 inches. Not sure about H&R stiffness... The Eibachs have 2 coils of soft so you have some cushion before you hit stiff. Launching at the track I can feel the bit of give, this has led me to consider drag bags in the rear.

When I dropped my Eclipse GTS back in 2004 I used the Eibach pro kit. I noticed I would get that bouncy feel with the springs sometimes and I wanted to stiffen up the suspension after. Does this kit feel the same on the SHO?

Also the custom cam bolts are those needed for install or only when getting the alignment done?

I have had both.

Started with the H&R's and they worked just fine. I liked the look and feel when driving. I did experience a rub or bottoming out when I failed to reduce speed before a major bump (my fault) that I did not see. It really wasn't a problem thou, far few to really be concerned. I installed some spacers that I fitted to my car. THAT was cool to see on it. Matched it just right. (Pic in my album back shot.) But with the spacers naturally I hit all the time on large bumps when passengers were in back. Since I have my family with me at times it was a no go.

I decided to buy the Eibach's. They are installed now. Wow I think these are better on ride. Almost as good as the stock but lower. A bit stiffer than stock but not as stiff as H&R's. I think they are just right now. I started to measure for the spacers and with these springs the wheel is out closer to flush than the H&R's so I would need a true space not adapter that I was using before on all corners. This will require longer studs that I just have not got around to. Way too busy lately for play. Besides I may not do anything at all as far as spacers. Not just yet. I think the next thing maybe the brakes. When I have more time of course. Then either the spacers or New Wheels..... Shhhhh wifey doesn't know yet. :ringing hands: all in good time my friend... all in good time. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Oh and I may wanna sell the H&R's......

• 3 weeks later...

Just to clarify the Eibach pro-kit springs are suppose to be a best of all worlds. They are designed to have two "soft" coils with the rest firm. When I launch it gives a little and then it is solid. I like the springs and the feel. That said at the track I want 100% solid, which is why I am looking at dragbags now.

I am also contemplating which springs to get, but i don't know if i want as much drop as the H&Rs.

If there are other members out there besides FLIP-4-SHO (great write-up by the way) that have had both setups, please chime in and give your opinions.

pictures would be nice too.

I am pulling the trigger on Eibachs.

Awesome! Please report back your experiences, and be sure to take some pre, during, and post install pics for your fellow members who also are rock'n the Eibach's.

I can't think of off hand, there being a whole heckuva lot of images from Eibach owner's. So help out in that area if possible.

Look'n forward to hearing about 'em :thumb:

Awesome! Please report back your experiences, and be sure to take some pre, during, and post install pics for your fellow members who also are rock'n the Eibach's.

I can't think of off hand, there being a whole heckuva lot of images from Eibach owner's. So help out in that area if possible.

Look'n forward to hearing about 'em :thumb:

3wks backorder at LMS on the Eibachs. I will have someone install for me my mechanic abilities are limited to bikes!

3wks backorder at LMS on the Eibachs. I will have someone install for me my mechanic abilities are limited to bikes!

I have a Trek 1.1 and would much rather tackle springs any day of the week then try to dial in the Trek. I can bolt crap together but dialing in a bike takes finesse.

I have a Trek 1.1 and would much rather tackle springs any day of the week then try to dial in the Trek. I can bolt crap together but dialing in a bike takes finesse.

I miss my 11 gsxr750. I had the auto tuner with PCV and an R77 full exhaust. I loved dialing her in. Once I'm healed up and back to it it will be the new ZX10R ABS. I can work on bikes all day, not so with a car!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1245[/ATTACH]

post-590-142532288674_thumb.jpg

post-590-142532288674_thumb.jpg

I thought we were talking bicycles, I am just scared of them. I am terrified of motorcycles! I havent had anything as fast as you, probably fastest one I had was a Yamaha Maxim X, never had a sport bike either. Although that Maxim X was a sport bike motor.

I cant handle the whole engine and trans in the same case. I had an old Honda CB750, went to do something to the engine and I had transmission parts falling all over the place. I have steered clear of any serious wrenching on bikes every since...

Archived