Ecoboost Owner Forums

Mud flap recommendation

TractorAK...You mentioned that the the molded don't offer much protection, which is what I'm wondering if any mud flap would. I see the Rally Armor universal ones are about 12" wide, thus wondering if maybe a wider flap would work better. As if they don't offer much protection, don't want to put them on my car.

When you get your car back from the shop would you mind letting me know the width of your molded? I called the local Ford dealer and they told me that they don't have the width, and don't know how to get it. What a lazy pile of sh*t! I about asked him if I gave him a million dollars I bet he could figure it out. Nor is the width shown on Ford's site.

My body shop texted me today and told me that ford contacted them and my harness has shipped so hopefully I will have my car by this weekend. Hopefully.... If I remember it was less than an inch out and about an inch and a half down. Rather disappointed. I will post pics and actual measurements as soon as possible. Here is a shot of my Wrx sorry dirty.

35344E36-A344-430E-B340-56984861EFD6-813-00000143A7E02868.jpg

I like the decal on your hood, it looks good in flat black on your car. I see what you mean about not much protection by the molded flaps. They look good but would offer better protection if they were a bit longer. I'm just glad that I don't have to take my car out in nasty weather...it's one of the advantages of being retired! Although I did get caught in the rain today when I picked up my son at college.

Thanks for posting those pics...yep, I can see why the Ford flaps don't work well, which was my concern. Like the SHO decal!

Will have to look around, may try out the Rally Armors unviersal flaps. Odds are whatever I get will have to do some customization on the rears, as the wheel well has quite the "divit."

Looks good! Did you have to do any cutting on the back flaps? As my rear wheel wells' date=' where the flaps would mount, are not flat.[/quote']

About an inch square of material. Not much at all. They were 125$ for the set of 4.

Ha guys I have had the car for 2 1/2 winter and there in HOT ATLANTA we have had snow 1 time, 2in, for 3days on the ground (THE GREAT SNOW STORM 2010) LOL So we never think of mud flap on a car, they look good on the car (both of they) and I'm glad to see the decal for the 2013 car looks really good.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1158[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1159[/ATTACH] PS I love those snow tire, I drive the summer tire all yr long. The last track day will be Nov 16 and it maybe a 75deg day:jaw::target: eat your heart. Love to our northern brother from THE SHO-OFF the SOUTH group.

post-237-142532288596_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532288599_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532288596_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532288599_thumb.jpg

Archived