Ecoboost Owner Forums

Chrome Trim

I posted a while back how the trim was chipping around the tail lights...Well I haven't had time to go into the dealer and get it replaced if possible...so this is my plan for the next week or so...I'm going to try and get it replaced and whichever way it turns out I have a couple guys who are going to take a look at it and possibly wrap all the chrome! I was thinking carbon fiber since it is so small and my car is white so thought it would look pretty good but idk yet just started thinking about...comments or suggestions...let me know

well im on my 2nd set of tail/brake lights and there chipping again, so i think its all gonna chip, i have seen n heard of people plasti dipping them as 1 idea, but ill also be looking for comments and suggestions and what people have actually done and if it still works and theres no problems, good luck and keep up posted,

anthony

I am at third set! And starting chipping again! First replacement under warranty, second I had to pay 100$ instead of the 350$ or so... Next ones, I want to negociate a reimbursement of my 100$ and use it as a portion of what it will cost me to wrap all chrome...

What was frustrating also with the replacements is that I needed to replace the tail lights covers every time and pay the guy for install three times!

So I give up and will have to go the stealth look...

I experienced plasti dip on front grill and transversal bar on trunk and it looks a bit cheap imo and it is anoying when you want to dry the car with microfiber towel and it start to show underneath ssome chrome after 6 months... So plastidip is certainly not an option for chrome trims for me... Wrapping will last longer and should be a better finish... More expensive, but still affordable... I will be plastidipping my winter rims however, they are too bling bling for my taste... Don t know how they ll resist after our winter with snow, salt and calcium here in North Pole!

well im on my 2nd set of tail/brake lights and there chipping again, so i think its all gonna chip, i have seen n heard of people plasti dipping them as 1 idea, but ill also be looking for comments and suggestions and what people have actually done and if it still works and theres no problems, good luck and keep up posted,

anthony

Yeah I have three guys taking a look at...if they can do it, how much and so forth...I will post pics before and after along with price...I actually am going to have each one see if they can do the chrome around the doors all the trunk and tail lights and the led strip cover and the grill...I will see what each one can do and not do

I am at third set! And starting chipping again! First replacement under warranty, second I had to pay 100$ instead of the 350$ or so... Next ones, I want to negociate a reimbursement of my 100$ and use it as a portion of what it will cost me to wrap all chrome...

What was frustrating also with the replacements is that I needed to replace the tail lights covers every time and pay the guy for install three times!

So I give up and will have to go the stealth look...

I experienced plasti dip on front grill and transversal bar on trunk and it looks a bit cheap imo and it is anoying when you want to dry the car with microfiber towel and it start to show underneath ssome chrome after 6 months... So plastidip is certainly not an option for chrome trims for me... Wrapping will last longer and should be a better finish... More expensive, but still affordable... I will be plastidipping my winter rims however, they are too bling bling for my taste... Don t know how they ll resist after our winter with snow, salt and calcium here in North Pole!

Yeah I don't really like the way it looks either...as far as wheels I was thinking of getting them wrapped as well...the guys have a lot of good results and well I rather do that then paint them for resale purpose as I am saving for some Vossen CV4 wheels

Archived