Ecoboost Owner Forums

Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Has anyone else had a problem with their ACC disabling. The first time it happened to me I was driving in the snow and understand that the sensor probably had some snow on it. I don't know why it also happens when I drive in the rain.

What I don't like when this happens is that it completely disables the use of the cruise control. Does anyone know how to enable the cruise control to work like a normal CC without using the sensors when this happens?

• 4 months later...

I have had issues with "collision avoidance" announcing it could not function in heavy rain or snow. I have never used ACC in heavy rain or snow but I think they both are bundled together as options because they use the same forward aimed radar and I assumed that in heavy precipitation they would probably get some false signals. It always clears up by itself as soon as the weather does. I have never minded because I'm not to crazy about the collision avoidance anyway and though I absolutely love the ACC I'm sure not using it in heavy weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My good friend who was a lifetime Ford employee, has had this on his last several Lincoln MKX (edge lookalike?). Told me how much he likes it, but that it does shut down in heavy rain or snow, for safety reasons, as it can't accurately sense distance, in those conditions.

Archived