Ecoboost Owner Forums

What would you like to see in a new CAI?

Hey guys- I'm dropping my car off with a fabricator in a week and a half to design me a new CAI. These will be available to purchase once the prototype is complete. This will remove the saxophone inlet and run all the way to the turbos similar to the Hennessy piece. He is also open to other custom pieces and will use my MKS as a test mule. Any feedback is appreciated, he stated once complete the price should be in the $400 range.

There is really no gain from the current CAI;s...people have discovered they run faster at the track with the stock air box. But I do have an Airaid in my car because I think it looks great and when I installed it, I did get very slight improvement in mileage.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update... The car went in Sunday for some additional measurements. It was found they needed to purchase a few extra bungs to accomodate additional hoses on the air box. Additionally, they took off the front clip and looked for additional things to do. This fabricator thinks it is very possible to put together a front mount kit for the intercooler without affecting the integrity of the car. I think this is something that the crew would be very interested in. The extra parts for the intake are on order and should be in this week. I will provide additional updates as I have them.

Still waiting on a couple parts, prototype should be ready this coming weekend for test fit. The fabricator has made some comments on another forum, they are looking to do group buys of 5-10 to get this thing off the ground.

Follow progress/see other work at their fb page:

https://www.facebook.com/SicandTwistedFabrication?ref=stream