Ecoboost Owner Forums
sho89mtx

Where's the best place to get used helmets for drag racing?

I have been messing around before at Thunder Valley in Noble, Oklahoma with 14 second 1/4 miles car and there rule there is if u run below a 14 second 1/4 mile, u need a helmet, so i'm guessing with my mods I should easily run 13's, so where do u guys find a good used helmet for a cheap price? I could care less what it looks like, just need it for the track to drag race

Used just sounds nasty to me. I bought my last helmet at revilla.com for well under $100. They are more geared towards bikes so you just make sure it is rated for what your track requires.

Used just sounds nasty to me. I bought my last helmet at revilla.com for well under $100. They are more geared towards bikes so you just make sure it is rated for what your track requires.

LOL, i'm a tightwad on things I wont use that often, so i don't mind washing someone's dirtiness out of the helmet if it's a good deal =)

But with a helmet, even if you only need it once, it pays to know you have one that hasn't been in an accident or dropped.  Those should always be replaced....Get a new helmet.  Bell has some reasonably priced helmets, you don't have to go with their top line. 

But with a helmet, even if you only need it once, it pays to know you have one that hasn't been in an accident or dropped.  Those should always be replaced....Get a new helmet.  Bell has some reasonably priced helmets, you don't have to go with their top line. 

good point!

My tracks have specific requirements -  Snell 2010 or newer.    You will not want to buy a used helmet that is out of date for your tracks or that do not meet their standards.   Mine is a Zamp and I got it at Amazon and I am happy with it.  It was around $100 if I recall correctly.  

My tracks have specific requirements -  Snell 2010 or newer.    You will not want to buy a used helmet that is out of date for your tracks or that do not meet their standards.   Mine is a Zamp and I got it at Amazon and I am happy with it.  It was around $100 if I recall correctly.  

OK, Thanks. According to Thunder Valley Raceway here in Noble, Oklahoma(Where we drag race)

ANY CAR RUNNING FASTER THAN 13.99, MUST HAVE AN SFI APPROVED HELMET.