Ecoboost Owner Forums

Wiper Blades Recommendations Needed

What is it about the stock blades that you consider "weak"? I was going to recommend a similar style, and I haven't seen where Bosch Icon is any better than the Trico or Anco versions. But if you are concerned with that style of blade, then you're probably not interested in those. I've used Icons and the Trico version in the winters here in Iowa where they also add salt and potassium chloride (?) to the roads with no complaints.

One benefit to the frameless wipers (like the OEM style) is they don't have any pivot points where the slush can freeze and cause the rubber blade to not make good contact with the windshield.

-Rod

What is it about the stock blades that you consider "weak"? I was going to recommend a similar style, and I haven't seen where Bosch Icon is any better than the Trico or Anco versions. But if you are concerned with that style of blade, then you're probably not interested in those. I've used Icons and the Trico version in the winters here in Iowa where they also add salt and potassium chloride (?) to the roads with no complaints.

One benefit to the frameless wipers (like the OEM style) is they don't have any pivot points where the slush can freeze and cause the rubber blade to not make good contact with the windshield.

-Rod

When i say weak I meant they did not last long at all - you know how much rain we have had here in IA and my car was new last Sept - so 1yr over VERY limited use and they are in need of replacement. Don't care about style, just want wipers that 1) work well in snow/slush/rain and 2) last

Thanks

Mark

I replaced mine with Rain-X blades. However, all guides call for a 24" for the driver's side but if you measure it is actually 26". I like the Rain-X blades OK but I really think in past experience the Motorcraft works best. However, I very rarely drive the car in bad weather and I do keep Rain-X applied to the Windshield (bi-weekly) so I don't really use the wipers much.

Wipers break down and deteriorate from UV and the Sun' date=' not really from being used. One year is normal. Personally, I like the stock blades and bought OEM as my replacements.[/quote']

Agreed, and that's what I am going to do when I replace mine in the spring. I normally go about a year. I have found that cleaning the blade with a damp microfiber cloth whenever I clean the windshield does seem to help keep the blades in better shape and provide streak free wiping.

Archived