Ecoboost Owner Forums

Not an Ecoboost, but.....

tss

Cleaned up our old Caddy today.

2001 Seville SLS, Northstar V8, 89K miles.

Currently 12 years old. We bought it from the Caddy dealer, certified, when it was a baby (18 mos old). So, it has been in our household since the summer of 2002 (10.5 years). It has been a great car and still sounds and rides like new, due to anal retentive cleaning and maintenance and a very close friend in the service department at the Cadillac dealer. It is my wife's DD and she still loves it. We have discussed replacing it several times, but she loves the size, feel, and features, not to mention that I don't freak out when we need to transport muddy football players in it anymore.

P0006_042311.jpg

P0002_042311.jpg

Untitled.jpg

slsside.jpg

slssidetwo.jpg

Looks very nice indeed for a 10+ years old car. My dad had a '94 and '97 Caddy STS and it is because of these cars that I developped my need for speed. At that time, 300hp was rare... The Mustang GT had 225hp! I loved to take the Caddy during the weekends (because my parents needed to take the Explorer to go to the cottage house up in a mountain... The CAddy being a front wheel drive and with traction control, it was unable to climb the mountain), I would give it a few good rides/races, put back the same gas, make sure the computer wouldn't regeister all my crazy stuff and the car was at the same spot where my parents had left it on Friday night! Good times! But my dad knew for sure... as long as I was prudent and I was making sure the car worked after, he was ok with it.

; )

Thanks for the comments guys.

I remember when we got it, I thought it was a rocket, and it was pretty fast for it's day. Not truly fast by today's standards though. The SLS also had 25 less ponies (275 versus 300) than the STS, but a little more torque than the STS. My wife liked the cushy ride of the SLS over the sportier feel of the STS. If we had been buying it for me, it would have been an STS. :)

Thanks for the comments guys.

I remember when we got it, I thought it was a rocket, and it was pretty fast for it's day. Not truly fast by today's standards though. The SLS also had 25 less ponies (275 versus 300) than the STS, but a little more torque than the STS. My wife liked the cushy ride of the SLS over the sportier feel of the STS. If we had been buying it for me, it would have been an STS. :)

I think they changed the STS (and SLS) models in 1998 with a different shape and a bit more technology... I remember that the 0-60 suffered from those changes... The '94 edition was actually the fastest with a 0-60 of 6.4, which was really fast at that time, but still not too bad now. Your SLS probably does it closer to 7.8 sec. Any plans on modding it? Just kidding! ; )

^^ You are correct and know your Sevilles! The 98-04 were also heavier, which played a part in it. 7.8 sounds about right for our SLS. The STS was closer to 6.8 or 6.9 98+. My lame "mods" on the car have included tint, GE Nighthawk low beams, new floor mats, a K&N drop in filter, and new shiny black (versus dulled faded black) door pillars. Five "mods" in 10.5 years.... LOL. There is absolutely no aftermarket for these cars. I keep the wife's vehicles fairly tame and stock. I have gone through 6 cars (99 Tahoe LS, 01 Tahoe LT, 06 SRX N* AWD, 07 Escalade, 09 Impala SS, 10 MKS Eco) since she has had that one. :)

Guest 4DRHTRD

Nice ride!

I am looking to purchase an older Cadillac in the next few years but it will look more like this one, I had one back in the day and I miss it so much!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1179[/ATTACH]

post-26-142532288613_thumb.jpg

post-26-142532288613_thumb.jpg

Thanks again for the comments guys. It's nice to have countless hours of upkeep appreciated by fellow car enthusiasts. I bought it for $19,000 certified with 29K miles on it in 2002 and feel like I got a bargain, even a decade later. I am hoping that the MKS is going to be a keeper, like this one. So far, it looks promising!

Our SLS only stickered for about 44K if I recall correctly. I love the 01-05 DTS'. My father in law had a silver (grey inside) 01 DTS that he bought in 03 with about 30K miles for 26K as well. That was an awesome car - he just sold it this summer. He actually offered it to us, and I kinda wanted my wife to take it and sell the SLS, but she wanted to keep the Seville. His DTS was pampered, just like mine, so I figured a little more room, a few more options, the best factory rims GM ever offered IMO, and a more updated stylish body made sense. It did have a lot more miles (130k versus our 89K) though. Like I said though, she did not want it, as she loves her old car. Admittedly, the MKS and a DTS would have made the garage a little tighter.

Archived