Ecoboost Owner Forums

Hello everyone!

QwikEVO

Hi, I'd like to briefly introduce myself...

My name is Rusty and hopefully once all the paperwork is signed and filed will be owning a brand spanking new 2013 Explorer Sport. I got here from a recommendation from a friend on NASIOC (Subaru forums) who just purchased a new SHO.

I am in Alaska, getting ready to PCS to New Mexico...I'm in the Air Force, been in for 13 years come this January.

I have an 03 Mitsubishi Evo 8, and this new Explorer will be my wife's new car and another toy for me to play with. I hope to learn about the EcoBoost from this forum...

I see there's no subforum for the Explorer. Am I in the wrong place? Or can I just use all the tips & tricks from the SHO's?

I hope to get learned up on this engine...can't wait to get my new Explorer.

So Rusty that part about this being a site full of great people.... I stand corrected. LoL

No one has one on here yet as far as I know. I personally don't know if it follows the flex chassis or the SHO. As far as modifications I believe they all cross over with great results. I'll let some others speak up but welcome. I'm jealous of your coming purchase it looks awesome and with this engine package is going to be smokin!

Welcome aboard :welcome:

1st, thanks for your service :hail:

2nd, had quite a few friends that have owned various years of Evo's..... pretty cool cars in their own right's for sure :thumb:

No specific sub section for the Explorer's (as of yet). But hopefully with more members like yourself coming on board, the demand will be there to create such a section.

PM ADMIN with your suggestion for such a sub section to be created, otherwise, YES! You've found the right place.

As others have echoed, most of the mod's performed here, can, and will be applicable to your model.

We look forward to your involvement here, post up some pics when time permits (presuming all goes well in your purchase).

Until then, enjoy :yo:

Mike

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Well, hit a snag in my purchase. Seems the dealer I was working through conveniently sold their only Ingot Silver when I brought to their attention that I'd be using USAA's Car Buying service to purchase a vehicle.

Guess they didn't like the fact that I was whittling down their "best offer."

Or they really did sell it...which ticks me off. At least give me a heads up that it's been looked at and may be purchased soon. I was just getting my financing in order. I realize money talks, but man...at least have the decency to let me know there's someone looking at it, so I'd kick my ass in gear.

I don't know what the deal is, but it is hard as hell to find an Ingot Silver one in the Seattle area...or even in the northwest.

I'm looking at Autotrader and Cars.com trying to see if I can find one anywhere near the northwest or southwest. If anyone has any leads to any in their area, please let me know.

I'd hate to spend $40K+ and settle on a color that I really don't want.

Red I don't want, and black is completely out of the picture.

I agree on the color. I just knew i did not want, black, green, grey, or red. I wanted blue, but the Ingot silver i got just looks great with the black contrasts. When I bought, there was only 3 SHO's in the st. louis area. 2 of the 3 had the PP (a must) so i had a choice between ingot silver and black.

What's STLSR? Does that answer your question...lol

Never mind...i just looked at that site. Its a bunch of kids with little or no traffic. Not my scene.sorry

Well it used to get a bunch of traffic...it's been a few years since I've been there.

Well good news everyone. I'm a phone call away in the morning from owning an Explorer Sport. Ingot Silver, Dual Panel moonroof, roofrack crossbars, navigation, adaptive cruise, 2nd row bucket seats, towing package, and a whole other mess of options. I'm flipping excited.

Only thing is, it's in Denver...and I'm in Alaska. So I'll be picking it up on the way to visiting family in Wichita, KS. I CANT WAIT! I'll get pics up as soon as I can get some from the dealer!

WOOHOO

Congrats man good luck on your PCS. It was nice meeting you the few times I did. I can't wait to see your pics and what you do with the sport.

It was good meeting you too. If you have free time Saturday night, I invited all the AKIC people I'm Facebook friends with to the Woodshed @ 9pm. If you can make it out, it'd be good to see you...and I'm sure you'll have a good time!

And the more research I do, the more forward I look to tuning this bad boy.

I will be (unfortunately) at Cannon.

I will be driving from Denver to Wichita, visiting family in Wichita, driving to Indianapolis to go to a Colts game, visiting family afterwards, and then driving back to Wichita to visit a couple more days before going to Dallas to pick up my Evo.

All that before we go to New Mexico.

We will be well traveled to say the least. Gotta put on those break-in miles on the new Explorer!

I will be (unfortunately) at Cannon.

I will be driving from Denver to Wichita, visiting family in Wichita, driving to Indianapolis to go to a Colts game, visiting family afterwards, and then driving back to Wichita to visit a couple more days before going to Dallas to pick up my Evo.

All that before we go to New Mexico.

We will be well traveled to say the least. Gotta put on those break-in miles on the new Explorer!

Wow, you'll definitely be bouncing around the mid west! I'm probably dating myself, but i had a image of Ricochet Rabbit flash through my mind.

If you're into auto racing you might want to stop by the Brickyard while you are at Indy.

You'll still be OK at Cannon, but a lot more things to do in Albuquerque (skiing in the winter in NM!) Plus if you like old cars, they don't rust out there!

So Did you get it? If so where's the pics? :RpS_razz:

I got it, but I won't pick it up until the day before Thanksgiving. I'll make sure to get plenty when I go pick it up.

Wow, you'll definitely be bouncing around the mid west! I'm probably dating myself, but i had a image of Ricochet Rabbit flash through my mind.

If you're into auto racing you might want to stop by the Brickyard while you are at Indy.

You'll still be OK at Cannon, but a lot more things to do in Albuquerque (skiing in the winter in NM!) Plus if you like old cars, they don't rust out there!

Well, I doubt I'll get into skiing. I was in Alaska for 4 years and only snowboarded once. It's just not my thing. I'm more of a water person than snow.

And it's funny you mention the Brickyard. I was born and raised in Indiana and I've never been to IMS. Only driven by there. It's sad I guess, but NASCAR and Indy cars just don't do it for me.

I just can't wait to get away from snow 7 months of the year.