Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Mob Steel Grille and Lights

Hey guys,

So after about a 5 hour install I am done with putting on the new Mob steel grille and the LED lights. The products look amazing! The fit....not so much. The top part of the grille goes on fairly easy, but the clips they supply you with are VERY hard to put on. I understand why they give you those clips, because they want an extremely tight fit. But just a heads up to anyone looking to purchase the setup, know they are very hard to install. The one part I am not happy about is the lower section. It doesn't fit and didn't line up at all. The holes weren't cut properly and the end tabs didn't line up and a few on the bottom and upper lip. I had to cut some of the tabs down to make it work. I will contact Mob Steel and see if there is anything they can do about this. I doubt I will want to take the whole car apart again. But for the most part taking the front assembly apart isn't too hard, just time consuming. But overall I love the look of the grille. It turned out VERY nice. Minus the little fitment problem with the bottom grille. What do you guys think?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1204[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1205[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1206[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1207[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1208[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1209[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1210[/ATTACH]

post-662-142532294876_thumb.jpg

post-662-142532294878_thumb.jpg

post-662-142532294881_thumb.jpg

post-662-142532295132_thumb.jpg

post-662-142532295136_thumb.jpg

post-662-142532295139_thumb.jpg

post-662-142532295142_thumb.jpg

post-662-142532294876_thumb.jpg

post-662-142532294878_thumb.jpg

post-662-142532294881_thumb.jpg

post-662-142532295132_thumb.jpg

post-662-142532295136_thumb.jpg

post-662-142532295139_thumb.jpg

post-662-142532295142_thumb.jpg

Looks great! :thumb:

The outer frames being painted in white looks really sharp!

Pst..... btw, unless you did it after these pictures were taken, looks like you forgot to plug in the OEM LED marker light on the psgr side of the car.

Fix that and it'll be muy perfecto :RpS_love:

http://www.carid.com/universal-led-lights/led-lighting-eyes-860502.html

Those are the LED' that I used. They worked out perfect because there is a lip on the bottom side of our headlights that you can run it along. Which keeps them straight, etc.

I saw that I had missed that. I went ahead and snapped it in really quick. Was just to excited!

Looks great! Sorry your install was difficult, the clips are pretty tough. They prolly could be unsprung a bit, but I a found when installing my grill on large piece carpeting and a mallet and something appropriate like dowel or something and placing clip in the appropriate place and good sharp whack makes easy work of it. As to your woes with the lower me and BDP ran into same issue in install my new lower, 2 of the slots didn't quite match up with tabs but a little buzz with a Dremel did the trick. By chance so we can better assist mobsteel for a better fit for future buyers was it the 2 slot on the lower part of the grill on drives side?

The bottom two on the driver side were a problem, yes. But my biggest problem was the two outside ones on both the right and left edge. They didn't want to fit into each other at all. Since the left one wouldn't go in all the way, it doesn't create a flush look. It isn't super obvious, but it can be seen when looking close at it. The two tabs that I had to cut down, weren't really a big deal. Cutting them down fixes that problem. But with the edge ones being so far off, that is were my problems came from.

I did do the same thing though, when attaching the clips. I used a rubber mallet. I would say it is next to impossible to install them any other way lol.

Archived