Ecoboost Owner Forums

New world record!!!

steve142857

... But only for the 1/8th mile...

7.770 sec at 90.28 mph!

When I was doing my 1/4 mile run, I was looking at the time board and read 1.81 60', 5.05 330', 7.77 1/8 and I knew that was better than my previous best of

7.78 done in my 12.09 best run... The air was very good, traction was ok, but we had a

5mph headwind... So it slowed me down and I did 12.107 at 116.78...

I tried about 10 runs within the 4 hours I was there and nothing to do... Another 12.105 at 117.25, a 12.11,12.12,12.13,12.14,12.15 !!!

I wish now I had those downpipes...

Well, next year I guess... I believe that was my last run of the year.

Still happy with my records and will have to aim at the 11's next year...

Cheers!

Well' date=' CONGRATS on the 1/8th record!! WOOHOO![/quote']

Ha Scrming I made the 12sec club, I Thank you and Steve on my 12sec or bust Thread. But you have ever Camaro guy scared of the EcoBoost because there was a red Camaro out there kicking the crap out 2013 Mustangs. I put word out after my first run I wanted him. After my 2nd run I saw him in the pit picking up to go home. I told him he was scare to run a 4dr he went home anyway.LOL

Steve thats awesome! Your 60' is great, you must have hooked pretty good. I bet without the headwind you would have knocked on 11.9!

Yeah shoman the Camaro and vette guys steer clear of us. I have noticed most guys running Fords are OK with running us but the GM guys think it is humiliating. I have vettes, Camaros, G8s, and others that try to avoid lining up against the SHO.

Steve thats awesome! Your 60' is great, you must have hooked pretty good. I bet without the headwind you would have knocked on 11.9!

Yeah shoman the Camaro and vette guys steer clear of us. I have noticed most guys running Fords are OK with running us but the GM guys think it is humiliating. I have vettes, Camaros, G8s, and others that try to avoid lining up against the SHO.

YEE,YEE,YEE,HA,HA,HA LMBO!!!!!!!! It's All Scrming fault ("LITTLE RED WAGON"vs Camaro Guy). I have one of the guys who's in Camaro guy forum at work and he said he know that guy and he told all his members to look out for ECOBOOST FLEX.LOL

I don't know anymore if it would be possible with the current setup... Too many factors need to be aligned. But the air was certainly very good to be able to run almost a new world record on the 1/4 mile with head wind... Maybe, maybe with a 10mph tail wind it would have been possible... but others diserve to break into the 11's more before me... so I think I tried enough and will just wait for next year with downpipes.

Traction was ok, but (everything being relative), the wheels were spinning a little not on the launch, but between 20-35mph... my tires start to be bald a little, so I think that with brand new tires, I could maybe get 1.78-1.80 instead of 1.81-1.85 and get 7.74 and 12.05 or so... That will be the plan next spring when I will try the downpipes at the track...

I set a new world record yesterday for passing cars on the right' date=' on the way home from the track. And I set a new world record for the most air pressure in the front drivers side tire (30psi) while making a 12.30 pass.....I love your world record threads Steve!! Lol[/quote']

I thought I wouldn't hold those titles for long, so I am making the most out of it... lol

But I thought a 1/8 best ET was worth a mention... no?