Ecoboost Owner Forums

Early Christmas gift from LMS...Wow

tomc612

Got this last night and put stg3 in and took car for a 50 mile ride going easy, and I cant belive it feels like a whole diffrent car..0 to 40 is much quicker. My mods are magnaflow CB.& Airaid Cai..Now in the pic below second file down I see modified 4 fans.cef? Any idea what the file is? Im quessing its for my particular mods.

005-5.jpg

003-6.jpg

They went through several versions of Stage 4. The latest and greatest is probably the Stage 4 + 9/23/11. I dont believe they change anything for exhaust, or cold air. They have to make changes for 170 stat, methanol, downpipes, and upgraded turbos.

Congrats on getting the tune! These things really wake up after some tuning....

Not sure why you didnt get 2. Maybe because nobody is running it. In the beginning Stage 4 was the all out use at your own risk tune. Well now guys have been running it for a while with no engine failures. Just could be you didnt get it because nobody is interested in 2 anymore.

They have the stages through 4+ for 91 and 93. There are others on here running Stage 4+ for 91 because they cant find 93 in their area.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I have decided against running Stage 4 with 91 Octane...and sadly that's all I can get in my area. I looked quite a bit into home-brewed octane booster, but in the end it was going to add a fair amount of cost and be a lot of hassle when i fill up multiple times a week. If I ever autocross or go to the drag strip or anything like that though I would for sure mix something up for Stage 4 though.

I asked a while back about using meth injection as a replacement for higher octane fuel and i never got a really straight answer but it didn't sound like it would be too much of an issue if set up properly.