Ecoboost Owner Forums

It's the first scratch that hurts the most

bigPelo

We had light snow yesterday and temperature got below freezing point around 6pm. I told my wife to take my car to her dance class so I can retrofit HID in her Versa. I also insisted to drive super slow because of black ice and the SHO is still on summer tires. Guess what's next...

:RpS_cursing:

:mad:

Rear passenger side. She was at 10-15 km/h (6-9 mph) per her saying.

C8EC37C0-AE5D-4E8C-BA3F-1FF514394747-480-00000056E457EA64.jpg

3A2663F1-9E98-4325-AB56-CE02ACE779CE-480-00000056F68B0F3A.jpg

054CD6DC-5C90-40F4-958B-9A017CAA4EA9-480-00000056FBE9C289.jpg

Now alignment is off and there's a wobbling sound starting from 70 km/h (43 mph) that increases continously with speed like a worn out bearing. I haven't tried faster than 90 km/h (56 mph) because I got worried.

:mad2:

I'd say it's definitely bent' date=' looks like its cracked as well. But there are places out there that can fix it like new.[/quote']

Hopefully the rim can be repaired. I should receive my winter tires and wheels by friday December 7th. Until then I have an appointment at my Ford dealer tomorrow 11am.

Edit:

Does this seems legit?

2013 OE SHO wheel, 20in

Also, your insurance should cover it, minus what ever the deductible amount. I know when I had mine replaced the retail was about $750.00 per wheel. Good luck in getting it repaired or replaced....look on the bright side, at least there isn't any body damage.

Don't know if it is true but when I bought the extended warranty, the dealer stated that it would cover wheel replacement...now I haven't looked to see if that was accurate but if you have an extended warranty, you might want to look into that route.

• 2 weeks later...