Ecoboost Owner Forums

Nav Screen Protector Installed

I wanted to keep from wearing out the surface coating our the nav screen since i use that as my primary means of controlling the cars systems. Picked these up from amazon for $33 for a two pack. Install was simple, they give you finger condoms and then you have at it. It me about 2mins to get it in there and i'm happy with the results.

IMAG1341.jpg

IMAG1342.jpg

Wish somebody had installed one of these on my MKS when it was new. Doesn't seem worth it for me now UNLESS it truly eliminates fingerprints - not sure how that can be possible, but can you let us know? Currently I use a rubber tipped stylus because I hate fingerprints. I would love to be able to just touch the screen....

Wish somebody had installed one of these on my MKS when it was new. Doesn't seem worth it for me now UNLESS it truly eliminates fingerprints - not sure how that can be possible' date=' but can you let us know? Currently I use a rubber tipped stylus because I hate fingerprints. I would love to be able to just touch the screen....[/quote']

I haven't used the car much since i put it in yesterday. But i will keep you updated. You could always use the finger tip condoms that come with kit and you have to worry about fingerprints.......:bounce:

Wish somebody had installed one of these on my MKS when it was new. Doesn't seem worth it for me now UNLESS it truly eliminates fingerprints - not sure how that can be possible' date=' but can you let us know? Currently I use a rubber tipped stylus because I hate fingerprints. I would love to be able to just touch the screen....[/quote']

I've eliminated prints on mine by wearing driving gloves. I started wearing them within a few weeks after I got the car. The touch screen works fine with the gloves on and leaves nothing on the screen. Actually they aren't driving gloves, they are Mechanic gloves in dayglow green, but I've only used them as driving gloves. It takes a few minutes to put them on when I get in the car, but keeps a lot of oil and dirt off of the interior parts that get touched.

Is the screen the same size on 2013 as the 2012?

They have year specific covers because I know the 2010 screen is different from the 13's. Also they are also model specific. Checking their website, it looks like they have almost all screens covered, so you can order year and model that you need.

I've eliminated prints on mine by wearing driving gloves. I started wearing them within a few weeks after I got the car. The touch screen works fine with the gloves on and leaves nothing on the screen. Actually they aren't driving gloves' date=' they are Mechanic gloves in dayglow green, but I've only used them as driving gloves. It takes a few minutes to put them on when I get in the car, but keeps a lot of oil and dirt off of the interior parts that get touched.[/quote']

You win. And I thought I was the most anal person re: interior cleanliness........

Great idea on the stylus, not only for the prints but as a reach extender also.

Thanks!

Update: So far i like the feel if the screen now, since the protector is smooth and not a matte finish. Its just nice to touch now. I only see fingerprints on the screen when the car is off, but their are less of them now. The screen is also easier to wipe clean because of the finish. I think the only real test of its quality now is see how it does later in the winter when its really cold out.