Ecoboost Owner Forums

Speedometer issue in 2012's?

The speedo TSB on 2010's should've all been updated in 2012's I would think.

Anyway, today while driving on the freeway my speedo all of a sudden started reading ~25mph less than it should have. I was doing 65-70mph at the time. Just like the 2010 TSB 10-18-7 stated, I had to turn the car off in order to reset it. The speedometer began reading correctly.

Anyone with a car built after 3/25/10 have this issue? I'm hoping this is just an isolated incident. 1800 miles on the clock with 2 minor hiccups so far...

A Swiffer motor is the electric device(s) that turns all of the gauges. GM had a big issue with these in their Large Pickups and SUV's. My Denali did this off and on... and finally about the time I was going to get them fixed... GM came thru with a recall (2008). Believe they work off of voltage increases/drops.

As for the ground issue... My 2004 GTO had erratic gauges and speedometer. Turned out to be a wire that was grounding out intermittently where it passed thru the firewall.

Thanks for the info, but are you sure you don't mean Stepper Motor?

I hope it's not an intermittent grounding issue. I've yet to see any other issues on my cluster, but I've only put 1800 miles on it. I'll just have to cross my fingers...

At first I thought you meant to type Stepper Motor and the notorious spell correction came up and auto-corrected in your phone or something.

:RpS_w00t:

• 6 months later...

Archived