Ecoboost Owner Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I just had mine in for the same thing they removed the radiator cap and let the car warm up and revved the car at about 3000 rpm for a couple minutes, said it had developed an air bubble so they burped it. there is a tsb out for this but I do not know the number. You should see a slight decrease in the amount of coolant in the radiator tank if you do it right.Mine works great now

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is also doing this. It's a 2010 (Oct '09 build) and I haven't done anything to the car. How can these just "mysteriously" develop air bubbles? The overflow tank is full and I've tried burping the system myself but I didn't get anything out of it. My dealer wants me to bring it by versus looking up the TSB for me but I'm not inclined to pay for the trip to the shop if I can fix it myself.

Guest K4u2luz2

I just noticed this in mine as well. Totally unacceptable and I will be taking it in next week. Ford better have a solution I have no plans to be cold when sitting in traffic during my two hour daily commute.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, my past experience has always been that "running water noise" is the coolant running into the heater core. It is somewhat normal(meaning you may sometimes hear it especially when changing from cool to heat) but will be more pronounced when coolant is low.The tech at ford told me mine was just a little low and had gotten air in the system, and he took the cap off and let it run until the thermostat opened up. Once the coolant started circulating he slowly raised the rpm to 2,000+ for a minute or so. Keep doing it until you don't see the tiny air bubbles in the tank anymore. Then check the coolant level, add some if necessary.