Ecoboost Owner Forums

Exhaust Diameter & Layout?

What's the diameter of the exhaust system? Does anyone have a pic of the stock exhaust removed and laid out? I've read there are 3 cats, are there O2 sensors after each? ( I guess I could just crawl under the damn thing)

After reading several threads on a few forums, I'm considering just an x-pipe and new rear mufflers with tips. Thoughts?

I'll snap a pic when I get home it's hanging from the rafters in the garage. I can measure the stock system ID I think its 2 1/4. As far modifying your current system I think it's a great idea, and I had planned to do the same to mine. Was going to order a x pipe of eBay and dyno max makes a axle back system for cars. No O2 sensor on 3rd cat.

What's the diameter of the exhaust system?

Does anyone have a pic of the stock exhaust removed and laid out?

I've read there are 3 cats, are there O2 sensors after each? (I guess I could just crawl under the damn thing)

After reading several threads on a few forums, I'm considering just an x-pipe and new rear mufflers with tips.

Thoughts?

I don't know off hand what the diameter of the stock set up is......... but I'm sure a few others here will chime in on that alone.

I believe there are a total of four O2 sensors, two pre-cats, and two post cats. There is not a 5th O2 sensor located either before, or after the 3rd Cat.

Here's a pic of the entire stock exhaust set up from the flex pipes, back to the tail:

ExhaustSprings006.jpg

I have a second of it's kind, custom exhaust set up, that deleted the entire 3rd cat and the 3rd "suitcase" type muffler and then subsequently inserted an 'X' pipe in it's place. This set up was designed by Kirk Doucette, owner of NESHO.

Kirk has been in the (rather lengthy) process of designing me a set of catless down pipes, as well as a hard intake pipe that has yet to be completed.

I don't hear from him often, but I'm hoping that he gets these done (hopefully) by this Spring (I should stipulate of 2012).

I have been patiently watching the dust collect upon my LMS/Alky-Controls Meth Injection Kit for the past few months as I am desiring to install both the downpipes and the Meth Kit simultaneously to help minimize my down time and costs related to doing multiple installs separately.

Rick from LMS has been gracious enough to have modified my Meth Tune slightly to include the shut down of the two, rear O2 sensors to help ward off the anticipation of activating a DTC.

I'll keep you, and the community posted as progress is made :thumb:

The stock setup looks like a lot of restriction.

Not sure if the rear mufflers are the same between the SHO and the Flex (can you hear a stock SHO running?). That being said, found THIS inside the stock Flex mufflers:

stock_2.jpg

stock_4.jpg

stock_5copy.jpg

and for fun... all the packing... LOL

stock_3.jpg

Thanks guys for all the help!

I've looked up the NeSho X-pipe and think this is exactly what I want. I just need to figure out what mufflers I want to go with. Leaning Magnaflow. I would love to increase the tip diameter but want a rolled tip like the stock setup. Decisions, decisions...

IDK what mufflers Kirk used on my set up, but he did point out to me when he hand delivered them to my shop, that the tips almost are a spot on replica of the OEM one's, the only exception being the larger size difference.

Hell, not only does it boast the rolled edges, but also has the drain hole at the bottom, outer edge, of each tip!

Crazy I tell ya..... install was a breeze too, took me and the shop owner all of 10-15 minutes to swap out the old set up & install the new one.

***This post sent from my DROID3 using the 'Tapatalk' App***

Well, I went and saw a guy today with a muffler shop. Same one I have used in the past years. He suggested magnaflow. He said they make one that will be perfect for the application I explained to him. And also redoing the whole cat back setup. Told him I wanted it made so i could reinstall the old setup if needed. Make it just like OEM except for no 3rd cat and resonator. Just pipe and new mufflers. $600. Complete. More if I went with borla. 750. Not bad huh?

Sent while out n about using Tapatalk

Well, I went and saw a guy today with a muffler shop. Same one I have used in the past years. He suggested magnaflow. He said they make one that will be perfect for the application I explained to him. And also redoing the whole cat back setup. Told him I wanted it made so i could reinstall the old setup if needed. Make it just like OEM except for no 3rd cat and resonator. Just pipe and new mufflers. $600. Complete. More if I went with borla. 750. Not bad huh?

Sent while out n about using Tapatalk

Yes definitely a good price.

Archived