Ecoboost Owner Forums

Dammit SHO's at the dealer again!

already had an appointment to take it in for a non working passenger side door latch and something loose in the trunklid. the day before taking it in i found leaks under the front of the car, the ptu was leaking again. i had already had it in maybe a month ago and they replaced the ptu output seal. already leaking again. they ordered a new latch, ptu parts and the found some of the rear wing bolts had come loose. not very happy only 8900 miles

Sorry to hear as well. I have 67,000 miles on my 2010. No issues, except the rear light peeling on trim which the dealer took care of. I would involve the sales dealer when communicating with Service. Since you just purchased it, get SALES to help. It works at my dealer. Good luck. I'm sorry to hear that your SHO is giving you troubles. Document the issues and document it to Ford.com as well and in the surveys you will receive.

As much as I sense the frustration of those person(s) who are on the unfortunate end(s) of vehicle repairs, whether be it newer vehicles, or older, I still am never comfortable with the overall "tone" of which people post / vent their experiences.

I mean after all, there are bound to be "issues" that arise.

This can be due to a wide variety of reasons. But I'm still inclined to think that for the given price point(s), the entire line of EcoBoost products that have been released by FMC are fairly rock solid.

I'd be hard pressed to locate a vehicle such as the SHO, that encompasses all the features, power, creature comforts, etc. all wrapped up into one package.

It's a techno sled in it's own right.

I guess my point is, although problems may arise, they can be fixed. Vehicle repairs, no matter Domestic, or Foreign products, is as inevitable as road construction.

That said, I'm at a cool 44K on my 2010, and am happy to report that I've only had minor issues with mine.

1. Peeling chrome on the tails

2. Rear sun shade noise

3. Front rotors replaced

4. One leaky turbo

All of which were fixed under warranty I'll add, a rental provided when necessary, and blinders affixed due to all of my mods I've done on my own.

I suppose my mind set is a lil different when it comes to repairs. I look at them as being an unavoidable part of owning a vehicle.

I'm just not compelled to complain about it as much :noidea:

Yep' date=' only minor issues with mine also and I am at 44K. I still love my SHO like the day I got it. I have went through a lot of vehicles in the last 4-5 years, and I would only trade the SHO if it was for a 2013. Even then, it would have to be a sweet deal on the 2013.[/quote']

I second that, and even at that, I'm not sure I'd be that wild about trading....I'm very pleased with mine.

I too have not had much luck with my loaded 2011 sho (just past 15k miles). Have tried 5 different Ford dealers so far. Maybe I'm expecting too much (this is my first "american" car) as my usual experience has been Audi/Mini/Jaguar. Not saying any of the cars from those brands were repair free (though this is my first time with so many problems so early on). But in general the whole dealership experience was much better.

hey i am not complaining, well i guess i am a little, but we are getting the car back today. the rattle in the trunklid was some of the fasteners for the rear spoiler came loose, they had to replace the passenger side door latch handle, and the leaking ptu. i guess the stick is we have bought several new cars and have never had any problems, and then with this one that my wife and i like so much and was excited to get we have had several problems. the dealer has been great just want it fixed with no more problems. we will see. my wife and kids sure are ready to get rid of the rental mini van they put us in!

Yeah, my MKS has been extremely good repair and reliability wise, but my dealer experience has been so bad, unless I can find a good dealer, this may be my first and my last Ford. It's unfortunate because it is a great product. If it was unreliable or had more issues, I would likely get rid of it because I loathe taking it to the dealer. I have had mostly GM products (Cadillacs and Chevys) since the 1980's, and while they were not any more reliable (and maybe less reliable), my dealer experinces were much more positive and things got fixed the first time and without an argument. With the MKS, even though it is still under warranty, I have started fixing easy things myself, like the blend door actuator, just to avoid the dealer. I did have a good experience with Lincoln Customer Care though, when I was told a headlamp filled with water was not covered under my Certified Warranty. They figured out a way to cover about 800 dollars of the replacement, with me covering $391.00. I wasn't jumping for joy mind you, but I was happier than if I had to pay $1200 myself.

Basically love the player (MKS), hate the game (dealers)......

I think you have hit the nail on the head...I discovered many, many years ago, that with vehicles, it is more of the dealer then the car. This led me to go by the saying: "If you find a dealer who takes care of you then you should probably stay with that dealer, regardless of the brand." I have been very lucky having found great dealers when I had Mazdas and with Ford...however, I have also found that the are some rather poor dealers too. So finding a dealer that does the right thing can make or break the whole experience with any brand vehicle.