Ecoboost Owner Forums

Picked up my 2010 SHO yesterday

yowen2000

Drove just over 2 hrs yesterday to pick up a black 2010 Taurus SHO, figured I'd upgrade to active status. I've lurked probably 45% of the threads here and am very excited about this car! I am still not able to wipe that ecoboost grin off my face. The way the power comes on and just doesn't let up is awesome. I fully intend to do a tune some ways down the road, but for now I am very happy with the current power levels. Thank you guys for being a wealth of information! I was able to learn just about everything about the car before I even test drove it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1608[/ATTACH]

post-1200-142532295729_thumb.jpg

post-1200-142532295729_thumb.jpg

Oh I just thought of a few questions!

- I don't think my lumbar support works, is this a common thing to break? It feels like it's all the way out.

- Will the info-display only do avg mpg? Or is there a way to get instant as well?

- In that panel in the center console there is the power, there is a button to change the colors of the ambient lighting, what does the other button do? It's just several lines next to each other going from tall to shorter (like a signal display on a phone).

Welcome from East Lansing! Where did you get the car? Advantage to being in MI: You can drive to Livernois Motor Sports! I am sure you have read a bit here about LMS tuning. :)

Once I get my bank accounts back to where I'd like them I am definitely planning on getting a tune, maybe even heading to Livernois, because why not? Are there advantages to visiting vs. doing things over the phone/internet?

edit: wanted to add, thanks for the welcoming words everyone!

Congrats!! I think the lines going from taller to shorter are the INTENSITY of the ambient lighting. Making it brighter or dimmer. See if that works.

- I don't think my lumbar support works, is this a common thing to break? It feels like it's all the way out.

- Will the info-display only do avg mpg? Or is there a way to get instant as well?

- In that panel in the center console there is the power, there is a button to change the colors of the ambient lighting, what does the other button do? It's just several lines next to each other going from tall to shorter (like a signal display on a phone).

Let me see if I can help with your questions. First, if you have the multi-contour seats, you must use the multi switch on the side of the seat, push it down 3 times, then try to inflate the lumbar. Each push up or down will change the portion of the seat that you inflate or deflate, I believe there are 3 different areas of the seat you can adjust, the lower (lumbar), middle, and upper portions. So you must be sure that you have the switch set to operate the correct portion of the seat. Push the switch forward to inflate, back to deflate. I had a problem that my seats inflated to full without any input from the person in the seat, and the both did need parts to correct. It does take a few seconds for the seat to deflate, and I have found it will only deflate if there is weight on the back of the seat, it's hard to deflate them if no one is sitting in the seat.

Second question, it only gives you average mpg, however, that computer is not accurate. You need to do it the old fashioned way to get an accurate assessment of your mileage. For example, I filled last night and the computer was reading 19.2 mpg, but when I figured it the old fashioned way my actual mileage was 20.1. Takes more time and effort, but I have tracked mileage since 1998 and have discovered that none of the computer generated mileage is totally accurate.

Third question, the buttons in the center console will adjust the brightness of the interior lights. I believe it will go from all the way off to fairly bright. I haven't used it in a bit, so I can't remember if it actually will turn the lights completely off or not. Hope this helps.

Thank you! Didn't realize there were 3 lumbar areas.

I've always calculated the old fashioned way too. I have no problem keeping that up! Haha. Next tank I'll be sure to reset both numbers just out of curiosity.

Finally, I put in a properly FAT32 formatted usb stick today with music on it, it didn't work, is there a trick I am missing? Or is the car just picky about its usb sticks?

Thank you! Didn't realize there were 3 lumbar areas.

I've always calculated the old fashioned way too. I have no problem keeping that up! Haha. Next tank I'll be sure to reset both numbers just out of curiosity.

Finally, I put in a properly FAT32 formatted usb stick today with music on it, it didn't work, is there a trick I am missing? Or is the car just picky about its usb sticks?

Actually there is only one lumbar area, the lower is the lumbar...others are just different areas of the back. And sorry, but I can't give you any input about the USB sticks, heck, I needed my son's help to get my phone synced to the car since I am really very bad with computer knowledge.

I figured it out! I found the button that switches the source to USB, I was just thinking it would happen upon me inserting it.

About to make a 2-3 hr drive from Grand Rapids up to Boyne Highlands Ski Resort, I feel guilty that I am more excited about the drive than I am about snowboarding. But Ecobooooooost!

Also a guy at my work wants to race me (at the 1/4 mile track I hope). He has a 2008 Mustang GT 4.6 liter 3V with Procharger, headers, intercooler, exhaust, manual. Think a stock SHO would beat it? I am pretty confident with a tune it would be a very close race, but a stock SHO I'm not so sure. This all depends on how well he has his manual trans mastered.

Also a guy at my work wants to race me (at the 1/4 mile track I hope). He has a 2008 Mustang GT 4.6 liter 3V with Procharger' date=' headers, intercooler, exhaust, manual. Think a stock SHO would beat it? I am pretty confident with a tune it would be a very close race, but a stock SHO I'm not so sure. This all depends on how well he has his manual trans mastered.[/quote']

Doubtful stock, but with a tune it will be a close race and with meth injection you'll probably take him.

Oh and welcome to the forum:welcome:

The advantage to driving to LMS is simply that you get to meet Rick and see their awesome facility. And once in a blue moon a car does not want to cooperate, if it's there, they can remedy the solution immediately. My car was uncooperative (nothing bad, just did not want to accept the tune). If I had not been there at LMS, I would have been convinced I was doing something wrong. LOL. Even if I wasn't there, they still would have remedied it, but it was easier for sure having the car there.

So, where did you buy your car?

I have a video against a similar red Mustang on youtube under steve142857... I think it s named 2 fadt runs or simething like that. I race against a modded 335i and then a supercharged Mustang... He did 11.6 at 120+mph!

So, dont bet too much against him I'd say unless he hasnt DRs on or slicks or track is not prepped.

Stock, you should be high 13's, with just a tune, low 13's. With tune, CAI, exhaust and lower springs, mid to high 12's and with meth: low 12's... With upgraded turbos and traction issue solved... Then you could expect to be close to that 11.6!!!

Good luck! And keep us posted...

The advantage to driving to LMS is simply that you get to meet Rick and see their awesome facility. And once in a blue moon a car does not want to cooperate, if it's there, they can remedy the solution immediately. My car was uncooperative (nothing bad, just did not want to accept the tune). If I had not been there at LMS, I would have been convinced I was doing something wrong. LOL. Even if I wasn't there, they still would have remedied it, but it was easier for sure having the car there.

So, where did you buy your car?

I got it at Jorgenson Ford in Detroit, they had two identical black SHO's, I got the one with the lower miles.

Wait for a cold rainy day and race the Mustang then! One of my favorite things about these cars is how well they hook up in real world conditions that would have a high-horsepower rear wheel drive car spinning silly.

Congrats on your new ride!

I drove it up to Boyne Highlands and back this weekend (snowboarding) and it handled great through the snowstorm I hit. This morning drove through heavy rain, that went real well too!

I have a video against a similar red Mustang on youtube under steve142857... I think it s named 2 fadt runs or simething like that. I race against a modded 335i and then a supercharged Mustang... He did 11.6 at 120+mph!

So, dont bet too much against him I'd say unless he hasnt DRs on or slicks or track is not prepped.

Stock, you should be high 13's, with just a tune, low 13's. With tune, CAI, exhaust and lower springs, mid to high 12's and with meth: low 12's... With upgraded turbos and traction issue solved... Then you could expect to be close to that 11.6!!!

Good luck! And keep us posted...

I don't think he's an expert at shifting it yet, it's his first manual car, but I'm sure he's getting better and better. He will also have street tires most likely. I will also have to race my cousin, he has a charger R/T, which I should be able to beat.

I got it at Jorgenson Ford in Detroit, they had two identical black SHO's, I got the one with the lower miles.

Gotcha - I had to go towards Detroit as well, to Sterling Heights, about 1.5 hours away to find what I wanted. They actually brought the car to me to look at before I made any offer and then delivered it to me upon purchase as well - I never stepped foot in the dealership. They were awesome.

Thats cool, this dealership isn't open on weekends so the guy drove it home over the weekend and I met up with him at his house, I had some other things to take care of in Detroit anyway. The other SHO is still there listed 22,500, refer me if anyone picks it up!

I ended driving back on a weekday to actually buy it though. Sounds like you got some great service!

Yowen:

I got a friend w/ a '09 Challenger R/T that has CAI & Borla exhaust like mine & he wants no part of racing my SHO unless he brings his '06 vette instead that has same set up & now recently tuned to run on 93 & I want no part of that car, in 2nd & 3rd feels like it's turboed but isn't. So I think an R/T Charger wouldn't be a problem unless it's an SRT8.

MikeV

Sounds like you got some great service!

Yep, then it went down hill (service wise) from there dealing with my local Ford/Lincoln dealer. :( Fortunately, the car had been great and very reliable. Even though I am under warranty, the few things that have needed attention, I have simply fixed myself for the most part (ie. blend door actuator) with some help from the good folks on this forum!