Ecoboost Owner Forums

MyFord Touch Update Available

racerx78

It looks as if the new v3.5 update to MFT is available now. I got a notification in the mail this week stating that my APIM warranty is getting extended to 5yrs and that MFT is ready to be updated. I went to SyncMyRide.com and verified that i did have an updated available. Looks like this update is more substantial than the one from last year. As apart of this update you need to order a new Nav SD card(free) that contains performance and funcationality updates to the nav system. Once you get the the new card in the mail you have to then download the MFT update from the website, which is about a 2gb download. Those who have MFT but no navi should be able to just download the Update from SyncMyRide and update their system now.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went to syncmyride.com and it's the same update version, 3.5.1, that they came out with on 12/8/12. I went ahead and downloaded it and tried to update and it said i was already up to date. So for those of you that updated back in December it's nothing new, has the same description and everything.

Ive been trying to register on that site' date=' but keep getting an Error code. "our system is unable to retrieve information for your vehicle. Please try again later."[/quote']

I'd contact sync support give them you cars vin info so they can get your account setup properly. Thats the only way to get the update since they record and key them to your cars info.

I thought this was the same update from november 2012. Thats the update that returned outside temp to main screen. When i got to MFT web sight' date=' it says i am up to date. 2013 model year[/quote']

The update last fall upgraded mft to v3.2. If you didn't have navi you got the v3.5 update in december. I don't know if you have Navi. According to Fa-SHO if you don't have navi you can download the 3.5 update now. If you do have Nav then you have to order the new nav sd card before you can upgrade. If your signed up to SyncMyRide it should tell you what your current installed version is.

And........ Its Bricked!! Even though the i had the car set to "ON" and not "ACCY" it went to battery saver mode and shut the car off in the middle of the update. Now all it does is reboot itself every 6secs. I already tried to shutting the car off, disconnecting the battery but no go. I'm thinking the APIM's toast, I'll be calling the dealer first thing tomorrow to see how long it will take to get this replaced

Car is dropped off at the dealer so i can get APIM ordered.

ordered new nav card wednesday at 3:00pm' date=' fedex delivered it thursday at 4:00pm. nice. will do the update this weekend.[/quote']

Great to hear. Make sure you keep the A3 card in the car, and the car running while you do the update until its done. This is what the ford service rep told me today.

So here is my stupid question. I am looking on the site and not seeing where to order a new nav card. IS THIS WHERE YOU ORDERED YOURS? Off the syncmy ride site?

ordered new nav card wednesday at 3:00pm' date=' fedex delivered it thursday at 4:00pm. nice. will do the update this weekend.[/quote']

Ive been trying to register on that site' date=' but keep getting an Error code. "our system is unable to retrieve information for your vehicle. Please try again later."[/quote']

I keep on getting the same thing I will get part way done with most of the info then their "system is down" .

On a side note where are you guys getting the SD cards and all that, I do have the touch navi in my dash and its a 12 so what do I need and where does it go ? I know I should but ummm I aint even opened my info packet yet guess I will now but all the same I'm at a loss on this lol. Maybe one day I will have time to really read these books I got with the car lol.

When I said download update it asked me if I had nav. I said yes and it took me to the order screen. It was about 1 pm yesterday when i did it. It was at my work by 10 am today. I live in anchorage ak so they must have bought it a plane seat. No problem with the install but when they say run the car while you do it unfortunately they mean it. I am the service manager for a copier company and we were doing a firmware update on a 25k$ color copier when an electrician threw a breaker. Toasted the main board. Sucks when software can take out hardware.

So here is my stupid question. I am looking on the site and not seeing where to order a new nav card. IS THIS WHERE YOU ORDERED YOURS? Off the syncmy ride site?

Just like TractorAK said you at the SyncMyRide site when choosing the option to download the update i will take you to the option to order the nav card from navteq free of charge.

I keep on getting the same thing I will get part way done with most of the info then their "system is down" .

Everyone wants their update i guess

When I said download update it asked me if I had nav. I said yes and it took me to the order screen. It was about 1 pm yesterday when i did it. It was at my work by 10 am today. I live in anchorage ak so they must have bought it a plane seat. No problem with the install but when they say run the car while you do it unfortunately they mean it. I am the service manager for a copier company and we were doing a firmware update on a 25k$ color copier when an electrician threw a breaker. Toasted the main board. Sucks when software can take out hardware.

The sad thing is when i updated to version 3.2 last fall i had the car in the on position but not running, and had no issues with that update. Currently the first dealership i took it to today lied about their tech working on the car so when i called to see if my car was ready to get picked up at 3 today they told me it wouldn't be ready until later on this evening(initially they said 2hrs to diag, when i dropped it off at 12). Then come to find out that it may not be until much later before a real tech could even looked at it. Then they didn't want to help with getting me a rental since they called me last minute letting me know they need me car for much longer. So i was fed up at that time so i just said i'll pick my car up. I then called the dealer close my house, and spoke with the manager and she was amazing and got me an appointment on monday and a rental and once its confirmed will get me a new APIM overnighted to get me back up and running.