Ecoboost Owner Forums

On my way to work today...

19cobra99

I took the back way to work today since the highway was backed up. As I stop and go through the traffic lights I end up in front all alone. Light turned green and I just felt the urge to step on it. I leave with all she's got, I go through the gears and since I'm quite a bit over posted speed limit, I let off and just chill, when all of a sudden out of the pack I had just left in the dust I see.... The General Lee!!! A modern clone of the iconic car, a bit modded I can add. I actually know the arrogant owner of this Challenger, he stopped in the shop I work at for some work to a different car. So he passes me and gets to a red light and I slowly pull behind him. Yeah I know it's on, he brakes and load up the car as do I. Light turns green and he leaves hard but so do I. I let off to not cream his rear bumper, he's it it to win and I'm right on his ass waving him to move over and laughing my ass off. We let off as we approach other cars and chill out. I eventually just cruise by him. The look on his face was priceless afterwards. He didn't try me again afterwards and he reminded me of a dog after you scold him and send him to his room. If he had a tail it would have been between his legs. Having fun with the SLOSHO priceless

i was on the highway stuck behind a car doing 60 in the far left lane of a 4 lane highway, up hill.

i cut right (i know bad) and passed in the truck lane going up hill. Was doing 110 in no time. Had to slow down fast for fear of cresting the hill at LUDICROUS SPEED and haviing a cop be there over the top waiting for me.

Paul:

Got that right, those old Mopars could run but that 440 was so front heavy that I beat a GTX with my "71 Duster actually pushing around 300hp, because had the same problem of the Mopar running against showman04, above. Beautiful burnout, but while it doing that I was gone. After a quarter it blew on by me. In this case I'm not so sure that Charger would blow by the SHO, when it comes down to it the 5.7L is really only around 340CI. Now that new Challenger 392 is a whole new ballgame.

MikeV

MikeV

I got my SHO back ( blue with black bumper ). I got lucky, two Audis tried me in the same day yesterday... ; )

An S8 with V10... Little 0-75 from red light, the guy actually asked me if my SHO was fast at the red light lowering his window... I said let s try it and see if you want, I think I can take you... He said allright let s see ( perfect setup!).

Light turns green and we start at the same time... Bam! I was very proud of my methanol baby... I must have been a good 4-5 cars ahead! I let off the gas he catches me back, lowers his window and tells me: Are you kidding me?!? What did you do to it? I thought it just looked good, but that s a beast you got there...

Waved at me and hit the gas... I let him go and had a nice smile until I got to my hockey game.

After the game, going back home I am following my friend with his S5... We are talking on the phone with bluetooth and on the ramp to enter on the highway he provoqued me asking me if my car could keep up with his... I asked him to let me the left lane... From 40-100... Bye bye Audi again... It was fun because we were still on the phone and I could hear him talking to his car asking it to go faster, but I passed him from behind (2 cars behind) until about 2 cars in front in about 7 seconds!

Note that in both races, no other cars were around... Except at the light, there were cars behind us but not in front...

Gotta love that car. Cant wait to go back to the track! Less than two months before it opens!

steve great stories and the car looks great the way it is now !! lol, im glad u got ur baby fixed after having her all done up recently, ive just had that done 2 times to me in past 6-7months, im just really shocked about the audi s8v10 as its alot lighter and well over 500hp and i would guess low 11's at stock and for over 200k, but thats whats great about these SHO'S with a few mods and as heavy as she is and a v6 she shocks all oncomers who wanna take her on and amaze them all and so many responses and mouths drop n hear comments all the time like what u said he commented on, i love it and stories like this as it makes me happy to shock ass these people and i think its a sexy looking car, and it does help that its a AWD car for winters in the eastcoast(NY) like today and this weekend that i can actually drive around if needed and not be stuck on the road like so many others. so this car passes and beats cars in all 4-seasons spring,summer,fall, winter !! lol,

BTW steve i still love the color and have showed alot of friends/family ur car and they all love it as well,

Thanks Casper for the kind words (I feel like Rick Leblanc writing this lol!).

Facts for 2006-2011 S8:

Weight: 4,277lbs which is very close to the SHO

V10 5.2 NA, 450hp/400lbs

Vs my car that has probably 500-525hp and at least the same 500+ in torque.

But power with turbos are often underrated and with LMS tune, the power is accessible all over the rpms.

0-60 for S8 is 5.1, mine under 4sec

1/4 mile S8 is from 13.1 to 13.7 at 102-105... Vs mine 12.09 at 117mph

But the new 2013 S8 is a beast! Stock 3.5 sec and 11.8!

well steve u def know more about cars then me and wasnt challenging what your story said, so please dont take it like that, i just did google and look up audi v8 2009-2012 and maybe read the specs maybe i misread or looked at the wrong thing and specs but i read it was 525hp,11.3 or 11.5 1/4mile time and weight i think i saw was 3700ish, and price was of course crazy, so like i said i probably just looked at wrong specs or something and def. not challenging u at all as i am more of a person who tries to learn and absorb from u and manyyyy others on this site and educate and help me out alot. so once again no harm was intended. and believe me i hope ur numbers are alot more accurate then what i misread.

oh and btw did i happen to tell u that i like your car and color? lol