Ecoboost Owner Forums

Grand Am/ALMS DP's using 3.5 EcoBoost in 2014

akhowell

not sure there are any fans of this racing series on the forum, i am sure there are, so i thought i would share. i heard this was in development last year but it was made official. Ford will also have their own bodywork to distinguish it like corvette did. also roush/yates will be doing the engines. it was said that production blocks, heads, throttle body will be used.

Ok, I'm dumb.....

What the hell is 'ALMS' and what the hell is 'DP' ????

I can't be the only one I'll add......

Any links to articles, or stories that covers this in more depth/detail?

Thanks in advance.

American Le Mans Series

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/06/roush-yates-to-supply-ford-ecoboost-v6-for-2011-alms-competition/

yes clam is right American Le Mans Series. Next year ALMS and Grand Am are merging into one series. DP is Daytona Prototype, the top class in Grand AM, there are a few chassis designs and different engine manufacturers Ford BMW Chevy. Surely you have heard of the 24 hours of Daytona it ran a couple of weeks ago.Also check out Grand-am.com. right now the fords are using 5.0 v8 as are the other teams using v8s. its really some good racing along with the Continental Challenge series which has Mustangs, Porsche, BMW, Camaros.

• 1 month later...
yes clam is right American Le Mans Series. Next year ALMS and Grand Am are merging into one series. DP is Daytona Prototype' date=' the top class in Grand AM, there are a few chassis designs and different engine manufacturers Ford BMW Chevy. Surely you have heard of the 24 hours of Daytona it ran a couple of weeks ago.Also check out Grand-am.com. right now the fords are using 5.0 v8 as are the other teams using v8s. its really some good racing along with the Continental Challenge series which has Mustangs, Porsche, BMW, Camaros.[/quote'] akhowell do they run ALMS HERE in Atlanta? If so we should hang out at one of the races!

Not so sure I'm impressed with the Roush connection...Roush has always seemed like a guy who can't make up his mind where he wants to compete and so he hasn't been able to really dominate anything...he started with drag racing in the early 70's and has been in just about every other form of racing. Lots of experience great street cars...but I'm not sure that I would go to him for my race engines....IMHO.

BTW Mike, I didn't know what the letters stood for myself...

Not so sure I'm impressed with the Roush connection...Roush has always seemed like a guy who can't make up his mind where he wants to compete and so he hasn't been able to really dominate anything...he started with drag racing in the early 70's and has been in just about every other form of racing. Lots of experience great street cars...but I'm not sure that I would go to him for my race engines....IMHO.

But he is also paired with Doug Yates who does know quite a bit about engines, and they supply the Ford engines for NASCAR.

Any investment in developing the 3.5EB for racing can only benefit us in the future, with upgraded parts and power adders. :bounce: