Ecoboost Owner Forums

Traded my BOSS 302 for a 13 SHO

ShoNuff

hey gang,

just traded my 2012 Boss 302 for a fully loaded 13 SHO. VERY happy so far. The second day I had the sho I ordered and installed the livernois tune. HUGE power increase and it made me miss the boss a little less. Looking forward to getting chatty with everyone and only have 1 question so far....

Has anyone installed the airraid intake? If i order it do i need an updated tune? how was the power increase? i keep being told its not worth it....any thoughts?

thanks!

Congrats and welcome! As far as the LMS tunes and the Air raid, quite a bit of members have them with the tune, kinda like peas and carrots, as to actual dyno awhp/awtq gains i'm unsure. That being said, my logic is after putting in the tune which changes spark, timing, boost, fuel and various parameters, I thought making additional air available was a no brainer.

Welcome aboard :welcome:

Glad to have you here :thumb:

Run #2 in this video compilation, SHO's me spank'n the sh!t out of a lightly modded 2013 Boss 302 Mustang..... no contest.

http://youtu.be/mRyXVs2Jles

As far as the Airaid intake, you won't need to have a tune adjustment.

The power increase is neglible from what most owner's have experienced, but that's par for the course for most CAI's.

The most improvement comes from added noise fluff, and visual engine bling.

Hope that's of some help. :noidea:

Mike :yo:

:welcome:Glad that you've joined us! As Mike said no need to change the tune with the Airaid. Also Airaid is one of our sponsors here and David from Airaid has been very responsive at helping us with questions and customer service. I am really glad I have the Airaid and I do recommend getting the pre-filter if you get one. The pre-filter keeps the filter much cleaner and keeps the big stuff like leaves, bugs, and twigs from getting stuck in the pleats of the filter.

The next real power gain will come from the methanol kits...there are two options there, Unleashed and LMS...The intake isn't a requirement and I would argue that until you are running larger turbos a larger intake isn't going to make much of a difference...especially since all of the stock intake piping just after the intake options are still very small and restrictive...

Welcome aboard :welcome:

Glad to have you here :thumb:

Run #2 in this video compilation, SHO's me spank'n the sh!t out of a lightly modded 2013 Boss 302 Mustang..... no contest.

http://youtu.be/mRyXVs2Jles

As far as the Airaid intake, you won't need to have a tune adjustment.

The power increase is neglible from what most owner's have experienced, but that's par for the course for most CAI's.

The most improvement comes from added noise fluff, and visual engine bling.

Hope that's of some help. :noidea:

Mike :yo:

Nice run. my boss ran 11.76@119 with just intake tune and cat delete. They are not easy to launch and I could only muster that time with DRs.

The SHO with tune is a great car though! Compared to the boss rental car interior the SHO feels like a Bentley to me!

Welcome! Those new Bosses are hot... I'm scared if I drove one I'd figure out a way to rationalize buying one, and it's really the last thing I need.

But the Ecoboost is an amazing package. Ford's "Eco" name seems to keep it off the radar of many folks looking for performance, but I think it's just going to get more popular every year. I'm amazed at how quick mine is, and very pleased at how comfortable it is the rest of the time!