Ecoboost Owner Forums

made it down the 1/4 for the first time.

travSHO

Well, I finally got to run the 1/4. My goal going out there was to break into the 13's. All I have is the cai. Well I ran 3 times.

1) 13.950 @99.03

2) 13.857 @ 98.85

3) 13.914 @ 99.00

All my runs tonight had CRAP 60 foot times (the best I could get was 2.073). When I went to the 1/8 I was getting 1.8-1.9 With stock air box...but my best 1/8th was 9.1

So the car was faster overall tonight and was .2 faster in the 1/8. So Im happy with what the cai did for me.

Now I just have to be patient until my gift from Rick arrives any day now!!! ( I have seen a second faster after tune)

BTW: My dad ran 3 times also.

1) 13.015

2) 13.004

3) 14.xxx (spun like crazy)

My dad was getting AMAZING traction for a stock tire 5.0. He was getting 2.1 60 foot.

Great you broke the 13's... Next time you go you ll be in the 12's.

Your car with you in it is still 100 lbs too heavy... I weighted at 4,530 and I am about 200lbs myself.

Low fuel tank, no spare, empty all crap in car (glove compartment, floor mats, engine cover, trunk floor and tools, even head rests while at it...). Bring tank of gas to leave outside of the car if you want, but run the 1/4 mile with less than 40 miles to empty. Each gallon extra weights about 8-9 lbs... So 10 gallons extra cost you roughly 0.1 sec.

Make sure tires are warm before getting to the line and try to follow a few powerful cars that will have heaten the track.

Also, if you consider lowering the car, it should lower your times...

Good luck improving your ETs and cpntinue to enjoy it!

Yeah I wasnt planning on going last night but I figured I need one 1/4 mile run in before the tune to see what the difference is. I had 3/4 tank of fuel and my wifes purse and kids back packs ect. I didnt empty truck or glovebox and still had spare. I am hesitant to remove spare because I live 40 miles from track and my luck is the one day I dont have a spare is the day I will have a blow out...lol. But all things considered I am happy. I could have prob gotten .1 to .2 faster with less fuel and totally empty car but I also like the idea of have "real world" numbers to..just a thought. Man...Livernois said 3 days...its only been 2 but they are LONG days. COME ON UPS!!!

Cool

You can always leave the spare at the track... Nobody will steal a spare.

Your wife's purse is another thing lol

And I am really considering h&r springs also. They give the car a really good look and it helps the launch. win win :)

travSHO,Steve is my MASTER JEDI of SPEED (12.0SEC w/MODs). He will make you faster if you learn the way of "THE TWIN FORCE"(Ford's 1st name for ecoboost). My 1st time at the track my car weight was 4385lb I ran a 13.7sec stock at 97deg. After joining "THE TWIN FORCE" I hit the scale at 4165lb(my is the lites car in the club) I ran 13.04 at 95deg 3mo later at 59deg I join "THE 12SEC CLUB" at 12.669sec WOW!!!! Thanks Steve!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1871[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1872[/ATTACH]

post-237-142532290644_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532290649_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532290644_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532290649_thumb.jpg

Those are pretty good stock times with the car (not track prepped)

Yea steve and everyone else helped me learn all the track protocols. I never went before the tune but I was 13.24 at 103.7 on a very cold night which was my best for a few months until......

Then a week ago tomorrow I finally joined the 12sec club as well with a 12.91 at 109.24. The track had perfect conditions.

My advice, I alway end up entering the track with 1/4 tank of gas and do about 8 total runs. On 7 or 8 I get the 50 mi till empty and I use that as my "get to the gas station" on the way home. I launch at 2000 rpm. Ive found that was the sweet spot, I tried 2500 rpm and found it affected my time too much. I also turned my traction contol off (I have true off since I got the PP).

Another bit of advice, after about 4 runs I park the car with the hood open and go watch everyone else. It will help cool the IAT sensor down. Before I put my 12sec run, I was consistent 13.1x and I let the car cool for 45 min after run 7 and was gonna make run 8 the shot for the gold, and I did it.

Ive been now 3 times in total and put about 25 runs under my belt, so im by no means an expert but the more you go, the more you'll learn and pick up on whats going on and what your car is telling you.

Im addicted to it now in case you couldnt tell.

post-277-142532290654_thumb.jpg

post-277-142532290654_thumb.jpg

travSHO,Steve is my MASTER JEDI of SPEED (12.0SEC w/MODs). He will make you faster if you learn the way of "THE TWIN FORCE"(Ford's 1st name for ecoboost). My 1st time at the track my car weight was 4385lb I ran a 13.7sec stock at 97deg. After joining "THE TWIN FORCE" I hit the scale at 4165lb(my is the lites car in the club) I ran 13.04 at 95deg 3mo later at 59deg I join "THE 12SEC CLUB" at 12.669sec WOW!!!! Thanks Steve!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1871[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1872[/ATTACH]

lmao. That's awesome. Yeah I haven't been here long but Steve sure seems to know what he is talking about. I took some of his advice yesterday and lowered my psi in my tires to 28. And just as he said, that gave me my best time. I will learn the way of the Jedi one day. Until then..keep schooling me Steve. Lol

And I was also launching my car at 2000 rpm. That also gave me the best results. Keep the advise rolling. I am FAR from knowing it all. I had a blast. Just wish I didn't get beat by my dad so bad...lol. The one run out of the 3 that I could have beat him we didn't line up...figures. I had to tell him before we left "just wait until next time when my tune is in.." lol. He told me he woke up and was researching tunes for the 5.0. Figures. Can't let me have my one win..lol

Then go straight to meth and tune and the only way he'll beat you is with a supercharge and slicks.

Look at one of my videos against a 5.0l stock that ran 13.3... It looks like if he didn t want to race lol

That would be a big surprise for your dad... Depends how serious you are about it lol

Cheers!

STEVE!!!!!! He is just a "YOUNGLING"(a YOUNG child in Jedi training) He hadn't got his 1st lightsaber(LMS TUNE). Meth(JEDI MIND TRICKS) is the next step for PATAWA's (1st time in the field JEDI's) like me & mhenne4.LOL But travSHO here is what a tune SHO will do a 5.0 Mustang.LOL