Ecoboost Owner Forums

Am I being too picky?

Bought my new SHO a little over two weeks ago now. Right now in the driveway, she's got a little under 900 miles. There are a few things that are bothering me, and I was wondering if i'm being too picky, or should I go ahead and take my brand new "Quality is job 1" flagship Ford sedan back to the dealer. The car is bone stock.

1. The passenger side roof molding has come loose at the rear twice. I've pushed it down and it snapped right back into place both times.

2. There is a badly cross threaded bolt on the passenger side of the engine compartment. It is near the firewall and holds what I think is an a/c line. The bolt isn't even halfway in, and you can clearly see the thread damage on what little of it sticks through the nut. I haven't tried to fix this one yet.

3. The transmission makes a low pitched whine... almost a moan... as it shifts from 4th to 5th and again between 5th and 6th. I only hear it when driving slowly through neighborhoods (probably because when I'm driving like a hooligan, I'm laughing too hard to hear anything.) I can replicate the sound every time with or without using the paddle shifters. I don't know if this is a normal sound for this transmission. I did drive one other 2013 SHO, but was in fairly heavy traffic on a test drive worrying about not banging up a car that I ended up not buying.

What do you think? Are these issues dealer worthy? I know it's hard to diagnose a transmission noise through an internet forum, but has anyone else heard this sound?

Thanks in advance

I understand your concerns, & would be susceptible myself.

But given the just under 1K mileage, I would absolutely make full use of the Warranty provisions. That should go w/o saying.

1st two issues sound like very fixable matters, & likely occurred due to a mishap during production/assembly.

The 3rd, not sure what to say, other than to be as articulate as possible when speaking with the Service Rep(s).

I don't have the pleasure of owning a '13, and I know there were a couple of TSB's for my 2010 in regards to the trans, luckily, none of which, I have had the necessity of performing.

GL 2 U though & maybe others will chime in & help address your concerns.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2