Ecoboost Owner Forums

I am soooo screwed!!!!!!

EcoBrick Bob

I just got a forward from my Ford friend and 1/2 time neighbor, who got me the Ford X-Plan on my Brick.... Seems he sent the video of my VETTE Bashing (ok... so he had a better time.... I still beat him) to the Flex Chief Engineer, Ron Heiser...:painkiller:

Bye Bye Warranty.....:RpS_blushing::RpS_blushing:

Bound to happen sooner or later..... :doh:

After all, your Flex is all over the net Bob..... did you expect anything less than this to occur? :noidea:

Try refraining from posting EVERYWHERE, and limiting your aftermarket involvement (and susbequent internet/forums postings) to this site exclusively. Just a suggestion.

I actually got my warranty voided on a 2001 Cobra Convertible in 2002 after Ford found videos of it doing burnouts, at the track, and on a trailer, then taking it in for warranty work. They said it was abuse and flagged the car so no dealer would touch it.. And that's before YouTube and before the Internet was as crazy as it is today. You never know who's watching.

Rick

I've seen that video on everywhere' date=' it's the best Flex commercial I have ever seen, Ford should be sponsoring that thing, and distributing the video to be played in showrooms![/quote']

I am with you Saucemaxx, seeing that video makes me want to replace the wife's import SUV with a FLEX!..

Neighbor got a response from the Former Flex Chief Engineer... Loved it... and forwarded it to his old team... Imagine by now, everyone that is a motorhead at Ford has seen it....

Good news is that Flex has 34,000 mi on it... so at least have gotten 1/2 of my warranty... But since I haven't had any issues.... I have been a "CHEAP DATE" for Ford!

Neighbor's son also has an EB Flex, and Earl just ordered his 2013 Ford Lease vehicle... a new MKT EcoBoost... Ford often gives their employees and former employees the first of the new vehicles, so that they get the cars with the biggest warranty issues... Big 2013 changes in the interior of both Flex and MKT.

I realize I have been pushing it hard... so it's my problem, if any issues are directly due to my actions.. I can't believe that an insurance co would really care about my stripping, as the car isn't covered there... and it is much safer to be dragging at a strip, than on the street. Have 4 vehicles, 2 homes, 4 boats. business insurance of over $20K premium annually, and 2 umbrella policies... so think they would miss me... My personal lines have never cost them a penny (so far...).

Several insurance companies are notorious for video taping plates at Friday night test and tunes and grudge matches specifically to cancel policies. Using the failed logic that if you take the time to go to the strip to race safely, that you must be a horrible driver on the street. A couple of the tracks here in Texas will even recommend that you remove your plates when you are going through tech inspection.

I think it is great that the Ford guys loved your video .. I bet they enjoy seeing people have fun in their vehicles.

Several insurance companies are notorious for video taping plates at Friday night test and tunes and grudge matches specifically to cancel policies. Using the failed logic that if you take the time to go to the strip to race safely, that you must be a horrible driver on the street. A couple of the tracks here in Texas will even recommend that you remove your plates when you are going through tech inspection.

I think it is great that the Ford guys loved your video .. I bet they enjoy seeing people have fun in their vehicles.

I was thinking the same thing that removing/covering the plates at the track would be prudent.

Good point.

C.

Archived