Ecoboost Owner Forums

A little Food for thought -- pun intended.

Showgun

Quite interesting --

WATER

#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

(Likely applies to half the world population)

#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak

that it is mistaken for hunger.

#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.

#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs

for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of

Washington study.

#5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of

water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain

for up to 80% of sufferers.

#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term

memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on

the computer screen or on a printed page.

#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of

colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast

cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop

bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water

you should drink every day?

COKE

#1. In many states the highway patrol carries

two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from

the highway after a car accident.

#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke

and it will be gone in two days.

#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the

toilet bowl and let the 'real thing' sit for one hour,

then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes

stains from vitreous china.

#4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:

Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds

Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

#5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour

a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble

away the corrosion.

#6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola

to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

#7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into

the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake.

Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix

with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

#8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke

into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run

through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen

grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your

windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

#1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.

It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric

acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major

contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.

#2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the

commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place

cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

#3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean

engines of the trucks for about 20 years! Now the question is, would you like a glass of water?

I personally feel the 8 glasses of water day thing is a bunch of crap. I think it's great to drink water, but that much water is not helping anything. You get a lot of water from food if you are eating healthy. Even beef is about 75% water depending on the cut. I will agree that any type of pop is really bad for people, unless it's a rare treat. Diet pop is worse for you than regular. In fact I never consumer any type of artificial sweetener, including Splenda. It's all poison.

Thanks, Colin, some good stuff there! Have to disagree with Bill...you tend to lose a lot of water just through breathing, and you can't replace it with anything but h2o. But water has always been my drink of choice and it is amazing how much you feel when you keep your water intake fairly high.

Take it for what it's worth guys. I've read b4 that a lot of water per day is good (tho can be substituted with other 'liquids'), and that pop is bad from both a sugar and chemical standpoint.

I personally go by the adage that too much of anything is a bad thing and that moderation with most things is probably ok.

It's up to us all to decide what we believe in.

Glad to see you made it over here Bill. Your presence and expertise is appreciated.

Cheers,

Colin

Once again, I agree with you Colin, and I do have to admit, 8 glasses of water does seem like a lot if you're not normally a water drinker. It helps if you scuba dive, because the compressed air from almost everyone's compressor is filtered to remove moisture, so after a few dives, it much easier to indulge in lots of water...however, some divers have been known to help rehydrate with a few adult beverages in the evening after diving!:biggrin1:

Once again' date=' I agree with you Colin, and I do have to admit, 8 glasses of water does seem like a lot if you're not normally a water drinker. It helps if you scuba dive, because the compressed air from almost everyone's compressor is filtered to remove moisture, so after a few dives, it much easier to indulge in lots of water...however, some divers have been known to help rehydrate with a few adult beverages in the evening after diving!:biggrin1:[/quote']

I've tried the 8 glasses a day regimen and it's tough -- you feel so bloated and waterlogged. But I believe the right course is to hydrate as much as you can and as much as you fell comfortable with.

I also believe that hydrating with other 'liquids' is ok too....

I've also read that drinking water first thing in the morning is a good thing to get the body working and the last thing at night before bedtime to help relieve aches and pains and keep the joints lubricated.

The trouble with the bedtime drink is that it gets you up in the night to pay a visit.....

Proper hydration is an interesting subject, tho, that the experts say can do a lot of good.

C.

C.

If I drank 8 glasses of water a day I could only sleep in 2 hour increments.

That reminds me of the old joke about the older gentleman that went to his doctor complaining that he was going to the bathroom every morning at 7am. No matter how hard he tried he always went to the bathroom at 7am. The doctor said that it was OK, that being regular was a good thing...at which point the older gentleman said; "The problem is that I don't get up until 8:30!"

Since I piss every morning at 3:30am, should I wear a diaper to bed? I pinch a loaf approximately at 9am and 1pm. If I wore a diaper to work, I could technically leave 40 minutes earlier every day. I would call it the "shit in my cube" policy. Do you think my cube neighbors would appreciate the pure essence of my lower intestine?

Since I piss every morning at 3:30am' date=' should I wear a diaper to bed? I pinch a loaf approximately at 9am and 1pm. If I wore a diaper to work, I could technically leave 40 minutes earlier every day. I would call it the "shit in my cube" policy. Do you think my cube neighbors would appreciate the pure essence of my lower intestine?[/quote']

Congrats on your regularity, IFS.......

As to the diaper -- um... if one is into urolagnia I suppose it might be wise.:RpS_unsure:

Funny what a discussion like this leads to...........

very interesting.

C.

Congrats on your regularity, IFS.......

As to the diaper -- um... if one is into urolagnia I suppose it might be wise.:RpS_unsure:

Funny what a discussion like this leads to...........

very interesting.

C.

No showers of the golden nature for me. You can't go wrong with potty jokes.

Thanks' date=' Colin, some good stuff there! Have to disagree with Bill...you tend to lose a lot of water just through breathing, and you can't replace it with anything but h2o. But water has always been my drink of choice and it is amazing how much you feel when you keep your water intake fairly high.[/quote']

I did P90x twice, and now doing P90x2, and I have tried doing the 8 glasses of water per day a couple of different times. The only difference i noticed is I pissed 4x as much as normal. I had to actually force the water down because it was just too much. I really feel you should just listen to your body and drink water when you feel the need to, or just sip on some throughout the day. I also eat very healthy, so I am taking in a lot of water from fruit and veggies. I'm not sure how much water I drink now. I fill up a water bottle and keep it with me throughout the day. I always drink green tea, two cups of coffee, and sometimes a naked juice as well each day too.

Archived