Ecoboost Owner Forums

Little project, test pipes.

So update. I ended up just putting on the OEM gutted downpipes as is, and I put on one of these in place of the 3rd cat:

AB86393B-D603-4D0A-A3A9-EF3B67269956-8954-000009A33F5BB02C.jpg

Rick also sent me a new tune with the rear O2s turned off. So right now im running No cats, and everything else is stock, resonator and 2 mufflers are still untouched. Inside the car, its sounds 99.9% the way it did before, I might be able to tell a difference, but I dont think so lol. Outside the car, it does sound better. My buddy did a could of 1st gear WOT pulls, and you can hear the turbo spool, and the exhaust almost sounds G35ish(good thing lol). Besides that, so far I cant smell any extra fuel odor either, but I only have about 1/2 hour behind the wheel of the new setup.

Total investment of this Free flowing 2 1/4inch OEM exhaust, is now up to $200 with labor. lol

I put about 2 more hours on the car. Only thing right now' date=' is I put a thin coat of JB weld over my welds that I did, just to seal up any small pin holes, and right now when they get hot, they freaking stink. lol[/quote']

Kolk when will you get some track times? How much HP do you think it is making?

I dont really have anything crazy done to the car. I would say look at somebodys dyno with Airaid and the Stage 4 tune, and then somebody with Airaid, Stage 4 plus full exhaust, and im somewhere between those 2, lol. With the exhaust still being pretty damn quiet, im not sure how much(if any) extra power im getting out of the car since I got rid of the 3 cats. If anything, it seems to spool faster, and low end seems to be stronger. I figured Id feel more in the upper rpms if anything. But at the same time, lets use a random number and say 10hp, was added with this setup, I dont think you would honestly feel a difference with this heavy of a car.

I went to the track and did one pass, but I was around the 10th car of the season to go down my lane. I was running full tire pressure, stereo, and everything, and I spun all the way through first, and did a 13.3 at 105 with a horrible 2.1 60ft. I then went out onto the road, staged and launched and barley chirped first lol. The next time I go back, I want to have Eiback Springs, and Ill lower the tire pressure a little. See if I can get that 12.

Right now my attention has been put back on the bike. A box worth well over $5,000 in parts(at cost) showed up last week.

Garrett Dual ball bearing turbo, JE Turbo pistons, fuel system, new exhaust manifold, Tial wastegate, rings, boost gauge, tons of gaskets and ARP studs, New radiator, new oil pan, tons of fun stuff.

2ABAF1EF-27D6-4CCF-BEB7-510C18235889-5071-000005192AD318DA.jpg

D3EA4A92-8153-4F24-9DD3-983448470AD9-5071-0000051931E1FE1C.jpg

7426B78A-6B1F-4B24-86DF-4AC5AC6B2F32-5071-000005192E8DF19B.jpg

14332BB2-CCDA-454A-824F-7989E94602F4-5071-0000051935402B23.jpg

I am to a point. I have the bike prepped and waiting for every thing, but the block had to be sent to Millennium to have it honed and replated, its the last piece we are waiting for to show up. Also, my buddy Jerry used to own a motorcycle shop, and still has his own race team. So I go to his place and use his lifts, and so on. Also, I would say he technically is doing more work on this build than I am. I have swapped turbos on cars, and done almost all the other stuff on cars before, but on bikes, ive only really done basic mods and nitrous kits. So while I plan and want to do most the work myself, Jerry will be there next to me, and will probably end up doing more than 1/2 the work to make sure everything is 100% lol. He said he would do all the work, since im doing all the work on his trailblazer, but id still like to help, but at the same time, this is a lot of money going into this bike, and I cant say I want something I do to fail and destroy everything. He also will be dyno tuning the bike at his place when its done too.

I used to work for him as a salesman several years ago, but then he stopped doing the retail side, and shut down his store front, and just does stuff for personal friends and his race team now. But luckily I still all my parts at cost through him. lol

This is how it sits right now. The swingarm is extended all the way out, so it wont end up that long once we put a new chain on it. Since the pic, Ive put on new front and rear springs, metal undertail(that I made), and I made a bracket for the boost gauge. So not a lot. You have to do a metal under tail once you go longer or lower the bike, because if the tire hits the underside of the tail, it rips the plastic, and on the other side is your ECU. Some people just bolt an old license plate under the tail, but thats a little to rigged to me, so I made my own.

BE0DC70B-9529-4A5A-AA91-8C848BCDA9E8-969-0000010D6BC6734F.jpg

Undertail I made:

6DC87C03-CB56-4A18-A1C9-F653DA79DA88-1854-000001FF32D4CFCA.jpg

Do you have a dyno of the stock setup (which I presume is what you were running so far)? Is the boost adjustable on the turbo? What final HP/TQ numbers do you expect to end up with? Any effect on heat generation/dissipation? Space is at a premium with bikes, and this one, you definitely don't want to lay down, too nice!

Do you have a dyno of the stock setup (which I presume is what you were running so far)? Is the boost adjustable on the turbo? What final HP/TQ numbers do you expect to end up with? Any effect on heat generation/dissipation? Space is at a premium with bikes' date=' and this one, you definitely don't want to lay down, too nice![/quote']

Sorry, I completely missed your reply.

Old setup did 180whp/103wtq NA, and 228whp/135wtq on a 50 shot of nitrous. I use the same dyno and tuner for everything I do on bikes. New setup, ive seen people go over 300whp on stock motors, BUT my motor wont be anywhere near stock, but on that note, since its not a drag bike, and just a crazy street bike, we only plan on running low boost, around 8psi or so, and just looking for around 275whp/150wtq. Its going to be at the point where, too much power and ill be slower due to no traction. Traction will already be an issue, so ill probably be faster will less power.

Boost will be adjustable by doing different springs in the wastegate. I have a couple manual boost controllers laying around from old car builds just in case. But we shouldnt need it.

As far as heat goes, it will have a new dual metal fan setup instead of the single plastic fan. Besides that, I dont plan on doing any riding in high heat days, or at least not do full boost much. Ill also be running Royal Purple Engine Ice, that I add to basically everything I own anyway.

I want to get a 2nd bike since this bike will no longer be a knee dragging bike like I used to do on it. I want to get something like a FZ1 for any backroad riding I want to do.

On topic of the bike, got the tracking info and the block will be here tomorrow. So happy its not even funny. I also made a bracket for the boost gauge the other days.

8D1E7E03-521D-43D9-9287-3A52F9CFDEE1-724-000000CE56B095EE.jpg

0E2B1C72-E508-4060-B258-ADEEA37BE0AA-724-000000CE5213C32B.jpg

On a car related note, I cant figure this out.

Yesterday was a random way hotter than normal day, and it was in the upper 70s, normally been 40-50 lately. I just did the catless exhaust about 3-4 days ago. I went on a big car cruise yesterday with a bunch of friends. Normally I would expect hotter weather a turbo car would feel slower, thats how it was in all my other turbo cars, but yesterday my car seemed to have its game face on. It just seemed to move out a little harder than normal. Opposite of what I would think in hotter weather. I have no clue if the tune prefers this weather, or the car is learning now that the Cats are gone and its a less restrictive exhaust, or what. But it was definitely running stronger yesterday.

No im not. Richer would be slower though. Leaner makes more power, but also makes more heat, and could also blow your motor. lol

If anything, more airflow would be leaner, so that would be an increase in power.

Could also be with the added flow, its holding boost better.