Ecoboost Owner Forums

Drove a Tuned 2010 SHO Today

A quick story below, and also I have to say that this site is great, but yet will be the death of me! (my wallet anyway)

I was at the local Ford dealership getting some warranty work done today. I talked to the worker at the service dept desk and said I had the 11 SHO, and I was told it would take a bit to get the paperwork ready. So I started walking around, waiting, and a gentleman walks up to me and says "You have a 2011 SHO?" So he asks me what kind of mileage I get. Im thinking he is an SHO admirer, but he tells me that he owns a 2010 SHO. Then tells me that he gets about 30 on the highway and about 22 playing around in the city. (Intriguing!)

Then he tells me that he has had it tuned to get that mileage and the "Side Effect" is an extra 40ish HP, and about 80-90 FT Lbs of torque on the dyno. Im all ears (And already know all about this from this forum) as he tells me about it. I asked him who tuned it and he tells me someone that Ive never heard of. I wish I would remember but it wasnt one if the 2-3 that are always listed on this forum. Anyways, we chat for a bit and I find out that the service manager owns a 10 SHO also, and this guy was here to convince the service manager to get a tune and let the Service manager drive it. So I instantly ask if I can drive it a bit. He says yes and off we go!

I did notice much better throttle response, not a big difference in shifting (I only drove about 1 mile total), but a TON more fun, and it felt a lot more like a few of the sports cars that I have had in the past that put down around 400HP to the wheels. The GRIN that was on my face is best described as Perma-Grin! :whoo: Sorry I dont have more info about all the specifics of it, but I just wanted to share a story of a cool guy, and a tuned SHO.

It solidified that I need to order the tune from LMS tomorrow. The biggest reason I wasnt all over these in 2010 was because the Butt Dyno didnt feel the power like I have had in other summer only cars, and I think the power was too smooth or something that makes the car "sneaky fast"... Well, the tune throws you back in the seat and really opens up your eyes!

I just wanted to share my experience with a tuned SHO and the experiences of others are not exaggerations.

No... I never really asked either because it sounded like the tuner only developed one tune... I could be wrong though.

I was just excited to drive a tuned car to be able to feel it before taking the plunge! I'm hoping that my service manager gets the tune too... It would have to make him a lot more "tune friendly"!

Great story! You will not be disappointed with a LMS tune, night a day difference over stock. Now the big question is what tuner to go with SCT or the MyCal? That really depends on how far you plan to go with your cars mods, if plan on exploiting your car to the maximum performance. I suggest the MyCal.

Great story! You will not be disappointed with a LMS tune' date=' night a day difference over stock. Now the big question is what tuner to go with SCT or the MyCal? That really depends on how far you plan to go with your cars mods, if plan on exploiting your car to the maximum performance. I suggest the MyCal.[/quote']

Not sure... I know that I will want to add Meth later, but who knows how long I'll have the car...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

No... I never really asked either because it sounded like the tuner only developed one tune... I could be wrong though.

I was just excited to drive a tuned car to be able to feel it before taking the plunge! I'm hoping that my service manager gets the tune too... It would have to make him a lot more "tune friendly"!

NEWBIES YOU JUST HAVE TO LOVE THEM.lol LOVED THE STORY. My service manager has a LMS tune F150, We talk next MOD's every time I go in for oil change or local ford car club meeting.