Ecoboost Owner Forums

0-100mph videos 2013 SHO before and after

Hey guys!

First videos of my 2013 SHO.

The very next day I picked up my demo 2013 with 5K miles on it, I videotaped a 0-100mph run as a base comparison for future mods. I suspect that the transmission was a bit lazy due to the fact that it was driven by a 75 years old man for 6 months before I bought it. So, I timed a 0-60 mph of about 5.5 sec. and a 0-100 mph in about 12.9 seconds when it was completely stock. The fuel tank was almost full in that run. Then, about two weeks after, I have installed the CAI Airaid, H&R springs and my custom exhaust with new catted downpipes. the car still hasn't any tune or methanol injection yet, but the increased performance is already crazy! I can't believe it! 0-60 mph is now around 4.8 sec. and 0-100 mph in about 11.1 sec! Oh yeah! I will have to try it like that before tuning it to see how it does on the 1/4 mile, but from my experience, I should flirt with 12's. That could be the first untuned SHO going sub 13's... Here are the videos (on winter tires too). What do you guys think?

Completely stock:

th_SHO13_0-100mph_completely_stock_zpse74b301d.jpg

With downpipes, exhaust, springs and Airaid, no tune:

th_SHO13_0-100mph_notune_downspringsairaid_zps3ccc9910.jpg

Having the 2013 in "S" (Sport) on the gear selector will have an effect on PCM Engine parameters Transmission shift points... So this might also have contributed to what you felt and witnessed, along with your mods.

I was board driving to work one day:

I accelerated with medium to light throttle onto the highway and my acceleration was like normal (slow, and gas consumption conscious and in no real hurry). I move gear shift to "S" and the cars acceleration changes. I was keeping same the throttle position(best I could) and the trans did not change gears, but now I feel the boost come on and car is picking up speed noticeably faster.

Having the 2013 in "S" (Sport) on the gear selector will have an effect on PCM Engine parameters Transmission shift points... So this might also have contributed to what you felt and witnessed, along with your mods.

I was board driving to work one day:

I accelerated with medium to light throttle onto the highway and my acceleration was like normal (slow, and gas consumption conscious and in no real hurry). I move gear shift to "S" and the cars acceleration changes. I was keeping same the throttle position(best I could) and the trans did not change gears, but now I feel the boost come on and car is picking up speed noticeably faster.

I was in sport mode for both...