Ecoboost Owner Forums

Irony.

We bought our '11 MKS last August on a Friday.

On Saturday morning we headed to the beach for a week... Taking our Navigator and leaving the new-to-me MKS at home. Had to wait a week to play with my news twin turbo toy.

My tune arrived today. Less than 60 minutes later we're hitting the road again. My MKS is staying home as our 3 boys travel hundreds of miles much better in the Navigator.

Once again, I should enjoy the trip but I can't wait to return home and play with my new toy!

At least I emailed my strategy code so I'll be good to go fast once we're back!

Ain't life ironic!

Truthfully, I'm thrilled it should be a contest!

I was so happy with the performance of the Marauder once it was supercharged that I two things happened. First, I didn't try to make it any faster. It was my 3 1/2 season daily driver and a smaller pulley or deeper gears just didn't seem to be worth the trouble. Second, I was semi-resigned to the fact that it might be the high water mark for speed in my daily car. I was thrilled when the Ecoboost became a reality, and the rave reviews about LMS made the next step an easy one.

The supercharger kit for my Marauder has exquisite engineering and lots of hardware. It cost $5995 and took about 14 hours to install. $799 and 10 minutes? I'm giddy! Now , the Eaton added nearly 150 up and a tune alone won't do that, but bang-for-the-buck, I'm way ahead. As for the cars, I'm thinking door-to-door... But in the interest of science I'll find out!

I've had the Mercury to the track twice... 13.1@ 105 with stock all-seasons, stock exhaust, a full tank of gas, and 3 child seats in the back!

Truthfully, I'm thrilled it should be a contest!

I was so happy with the performance of the Marauder once it was supercharged that I two things happened. First, I didn't try to make it any faster. It was my 3 1/2 season daily driver and a smaller pulley or deeper gears just didn't seem to be worth the trouble. Second, I was semi-resigned to the fact that it might be the high water mark for speed in my daily car. I was thrilled when the Ecoboost became a reality, and the rave reviews about LMS made the next step an easy one.

The supercharger kit for my Marauder has exquisite engineering and lots of hardware. It cost $5995 and took about 14 hours to install. $799 and 10 minutes? I'm giddy! Now , the Eaton added nearly 150 up and a tune alone won't do that, but bang-for-the-buck, I'm way ahead. As for the cars, I'm thinking door-to-door... But in the interest of science I'll find out!

I've had the Mercury to the track twice... 13.1@ 105 with stock all-seasons, stock exhaust, a full tank of gas, and 3 child seats in the back!

The tuned MKS may give it a run for its money based upon that time.

And yeah, the LMS tune is well worth it. Really makes a large difference.

Btw my former daily driver before this was a gt500 with 625rwhp...so it's all kind of slow in comparison... Lol

You know, I'd love to meet up with you and check out your stable of vehicles when I'm in the 'burgh sometime. I normally get out at least a few times a year being a Pirate, Steeler, and Penguins fan. But pretty die hard Pirates guy, I've seen them play at Forbes Field, Three Rivers, and PNC. I think when I'm cut I bleed black and gold!

Both are about same weight... Stock Marauder has 302 hp and 318 lbs, MKS has 355/350.

MKS has advantage of lauch with torque available earlier and AWD.

With supercharge, Marauder has about 450hp... MKS would be about 425+hp with stage 4+, but with a more efficient power curve.

My bet is that they would be door to door too...

But for 2k$ more on the MKS (springs, meth)... The MKS would be much faster. Mid 12's. But 99% of the time, the tuned MKS will rape the SC Marauder at a red light with AWD, TT and a lotta torque!

You know' date=' I'd love to meet up with you and check out your stable of vehicles when I'm in the 'burgh sometime. I normally get out at least a few times a year being a Pirate, Steeler, and Penguins fan. But pretty die hard Pirates guy, I've seen them play at Forbes Field, Three Rivers, and PNC. I think when I'm cut I bleed black and gold![/quote']

Penguins, 11 in a row. Sorry, getting off the subject but I grew up in the Pittsburgh area, so I bleed black and gold also.

@harmon... Hard to top that Shelby. If I could fit 3 kids in the back seat, I'm sure I would have succumbed to a late model Mustang by now!

@super moderator... That would be fun. I'm 5 minutes off the Butler/Route 8 exit of the turnpike.

@steve... Not much on the road hurts the Marauder. I've noticed the power in my non-tuned MKS is more accessible in some situations, like making a right turn onto a fast road with loose grit on the surface. The Lincoln is point and shoot while the Marauder would require more patience. But the Mercury was giving me 60' times in the 1.8 range, so out of the hole in a straight line it pulls hard. Eatons make big torque fast... Just what the stock Marauder lacked.

One thing is for sure... Our old Porsche doesn't stand a straight line chance against either sedan!