Ecoboost Owner Forums

new turbo manfold

Why aren't more people pushing for new tubular manifolds? Upgraded stock turbos are a waste of time and money compared to new manifolds and a single turbo setup, or even a bigger twin setup. Coming from high hp turbo cars, I just don't understand it. Full-race is producing a manifold for the f150. While I doubt it will fit, I have been speaking with them about producing one for the SHO. I'm hoping as a long time customer that they will pull through.

Is anyone else interested in upgrading manifolds and turbos?

Power is nothing without traction...

I've been low 9s in a fwd honda. This car is definitely capable of 10s. The thing about bigger turbos means less instant torque. Youll be putting more of the power down higher up in the powerband. Better for traction, and easier on drivetrain.

I've been low 9s in a fwd honda. This car is definitely capable of 10s. The thing about bigger turbos means less instant torque. Youll be putting more of the power down higher up in the powerband. Better for traction' date=' and easier on drivetrain.[/quote']

Your honda wasnt 4500lbs.

A drag style honda, running low 9s, was probably well under 2000lbs. You also probably had slicks, and were able to do a burn out.

Why aren't more people pushing for new tubular manifolds? Upgraded stock turbos are a waste of time and money compared to new manifolds and a single turbo setup, or even a bigger twin setup. Coming from high hp turbo cars, I just don't understand it. Full-race is producing a manifold for the f150. While I doubt it will fit, I have been speaking with them about producing one for the SHO. I'm hoping as a long time customer that they will pull through.

Is anyone else interested in upgrading manifolds and turbos?

SHOSLOW You sound like you are a little hurt with our membership but, We are looking for up-grades. As said here PPE DOWN-PIPE,LMS-PIPE +MORE,One guy in house down-pipe. Many use this car as a DD,THE family road car,or THE WIFE'S CAR.LOL Only 4 or 5 of us can make this car a track only car(a 9sec Honda is not a real nice street car,great track car) So most there are a little slow at going big Mods base on cost and why they have this car for. This car is My (turn 50yr) Med life toy but also me and the old lady road car. So I can only go so wild. But EBOF BROTHER YOU KEEP TEACH US MORE ABOUT UP-GRADE FROM OTHER CAR's back ground we like leaning more. THANKS MAN.

SHOSLOW You sound like you are a little hurt with our membership but' date=' We are looking for up-grades. As said here PPE DOWN-PIPE,LMS-PIPE +MORE,One guy in house down-pipe. Many use this car as a DD,THE family road car,or THE WIFE'S CAR.LOL Only 4 or 5 of us can make this car a track only car(a 9sec Honda is not a real nice street car,great track car) So most there are a little slow at going big Mods base on cost and why they have this car for. This car is My (turn 50yr) Med life toy but also me and the old lady road car. So I can only go so wild. But EBOF BROTHER YOU KEEP TEACH US MORE ABOUT UP-GRADE FROM OTHER CAR's back ground we like leaning more. THANKS MAN.[/quote']

My Honda fit, yes fit, was a 10 second street car with a stock bottom end making 550whp on pump gas. That car weighed in around 2350lbs. Granted, it's 2000lbs lighter, but I'm just saying that this car has a lot of potential. I understand that most people are going to be using this car as a family car. It's one reason I bought mine. I can easily see this car making 600+whp stock block with new tubular manifolds/bigger turbo(s)/fuel upgrades. The problem is, aftermarket support. I'm not here to upset anyone. I just know what I am looking to do with the car, and I thought some other may be trying to do the same.

Im all for more companies making parts. Once there are more than 1 company making "X" part, they cant gouge the shit out of us anymore.

Im guess im just burnt out personally, so I have a bad taste in my mouth. I had my genesis for not even 18 months, and had over 10 grand into it, and it did 320whp and 384wtq, then started building the ZX14. so I sold the Genesis to get a nice daily, that wouldnt be a turd, for when I couldnt use the bike. I would love for there to be 10 different exhausts, and 6 different springs, and 20 intakes, and on and on and on, it would make modding this car more fun, and if somebody is only charging $300 for (lets say a manifold) its hard for a different company to charge $900. And thats where are prices are right now.

until we get this AWD system figured out' date=' more power is useless.[/quote']

Is the awd system that big of an issue in these cars? I understand it's not your typical awd system. I've got a lot to learn about fords in general. I come from 10 years of building Honda civics/fit/s2000s, so domestics are new to me.

Im all for more companies making parts. Once there are more than 1 company making "X" part' date=' they cant gouge the shit out of us anymore.[/quote']

lol amen. It was like that with my fit and s2000, although the s2000 had plenty of aftermarket support. I'd love to see a few things come out for these cars. It may all be wishful thinking though.

I can easily see this car making 600+whp stock block with new tubular manifolds/bigger turbo(s)/fuel upgrades.

The problem is, aftermarket support.

I just know what I am looking to do with the car, and I thought some other may be trying to do the same.

You're in good company. Darreli, FirstSHO, & myself have been kind of leading the pack thus far, with a few others right on our heels.

We welcome your efforts, and look forward to your progress.

Keep us / the community updated with any tangible results. :thumb:

Mike :yo:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2