Ecoboost Owner Forums

SCT X3 - LMS - Error Code 1018

Hey guys- I'm new to the forum and received the LMS tune and SCT Tuner Friday. I went to install the tune last night and ran into some issues. The SCT went all the way through the upload process before asking to turn off my car (I ignored the first one as directed). Waiting 10 seconds I turned the car back on, then my Collision Notice and Blindspot lights turned on (and stayed on), the dash said blindspot error, collison error, and then SCT then said upload failed press cancel to exit.

I followed the directions, unplugged the unit and turned the car back off. I then tried to install the tune again, this time I got a Code 1018: Strategy Error. The tuner is no longer recognizing the car, it won't pull vehicle information, etc.

I have e-mailed LMS, to their credit, they are trying to be as helpful as possible, but have not ran into this issue before and can not help. Their advice is to get in touch with SCT to get this figured out. SCT is not open until Monday and I would really like to get this fixed today. The car is starting and running, but is running very rough and the engine is noticeably louder and rougher at idle.

My laptop is now recognizing the unit, but it is still not working with the car. Keeping my fingers crossed that my stock parameters aren't royally F'd.

Any ideas? Immediate help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks!!!

First thing is to not panic. Usually when guys have a problem during loading the tune, they panic and start trying all sorts of crazy stuff (like taking it to Ford). Don't. Even if the tune got corrupted, SCT can fix it. They are experts and have seen just about every issue you can imagine.

Second, try returning the car to the stock tune. If it won't, your best bet is to simply wait until Monday to talk with SCT. If the car is not running properly, do not drive it. It is possible the tune didn't fully load.

Well I tried to load again this evening and the tune took. I'm not sure what the issue was, but went flawless...

Can't say enough about the tune, loaded stage 4, and I can definitely feel the difference.

Glad you got it installed! Not saying this was your problem but some people have run into issues with thinking the ignition is on when it is really just in accessory mode. It is also important to have everything (wipers, lights, climate, etc.) turned off.

Anyway, enjoy!!

Glad you got it installed! Not saying this was your problem but some people have run into issues with thinking the ignition is on when it is really just in accessory mode. !

That was my only issue. I didnt know you had to hold the start button for 5 seconds to get into Ign mode.