Ecoboost Owner Forums

Hey from Southern California

SoCalSHO

Welcome aboard SoCal! :wave:

Glad to see you here.

I am confident in saying that this will be your new home over time.

You will come to find out that we are ALL much more friendlier here!

Enjoy the site, enjoy the info, contribute where you can, and most importantly, enjoy the friendships you will create here. :thumb:

------ Mike

***This post sent from my DROID3 using the 'Tapatalk' App***

Just wanted to say hey to everyone. Finally made it here from other sites. Enjoying this one immensely. Looking to putting the how tos to use.

Welcome, SoCalSHO, glad you made it here.

Kick back and enjoy a great bunch of Ecoboost lovers, many of whom you already know.

Colin.

Welcome Robert,

Glad to hear from a fellow Ecobooster from SoCal. Happy you made it here!!

Just to answer your PM from another forum...no I do not have any shifting problems with stage 3. I like the fact that the transmission is more responsive than stock. The only time I get a thump (or what I consider a harsh shift) is when I step on the gas but let go just before the tranny shifts. I do not perceive it as an issue because I get the same response on my other auto shifting vehicles (Japanese and European).

I am located in the Chino Hills area. Where abouts in SoCal are you located?

Again...welcome aboard!!

Mel

:welcome: Glad you made it here' date=' you'll like this place. And if you are thinking of upgrading to a higher Stage tune, go for Stage 4+. It is simply outstanding and many of us are running it in every day use. But we all use 93 octane fuel...some even higher.[/quote']

I loaned my Flex to my X-Plan Sponsor.... He put in $30. of 89..... Hoping I am not KNOCKING on Wood..... (May have to de-tune... which means changing the 3-Bar MAPv to the 2-Bar MAPv.

I loaned my Flex to my X-Plan Sponsor.... He put in $30. of 89..... Hoping I am not KNOCKING on Wood..... (May have to de-tune... which means changing the 3-Bar MAPv to the 2-Bar MAPv.

Just drive it easy for a tank. We had an 800 RWHP 2005 Mustang tuned for 100+ octane and I used to drive it to shows and cruises with 93 octane. I just made sure to stay out of boost.

-Rick

Welcome Robert,

Glad to hear from a fellow Ecobooster from SoCal. Happy you made it here!!

Just to answer your PM from another forum...no I do not have any shifting problems with stage 3. I like the fact that the transmission is more responsive than stock. The only time I get a thump (or what I consider a harsh shift) is when I step on the gas but let go just before the tranny shifts. I do not perceive it as an issue because I get the same response on my other auto shifting vehicles (Japanese and European).

I am located in the Chino Hills area. Where abouts in SoCal are you located?

Again...welcome aboard!!

Mel

Hey Mel, I am right over the hill in Diamond Bar. I am sure I have seen your car around. Just look for mine, White with the 9/11 memorial plates.

:welcome: Glad you made it here' date=' you'll like this place. And if you are thinking of upgrading to a higher Stage tune, go for Stage 4+. It is simply outstanding and many of us are running it in every day use. But we all use 93 octane fuel...some even higher.[/quote']

Unfortunately, 91 is tops here, or I would be all over it. We have race gas available at a 76 gas station pretty close to me, but it is $7+ a gallon.

Nice to know there are still performance vehicles in CAL...

I thought they had outlawed every vehicle that is non-electric!

I also have a CNG powered Crown Victoria that I use for daily commute. Gets me in the carpool lane with only one person. It is the only good thing about driving that couch on wheels. Although I do drive a CVPI every day at work anyways.

Archived