Ecoboost Owner Forums

Lower front splitter / skirt do you have it?

Ok so while at LMS this weekend the had 2 cars getting all kinds of work done. Both had the H&R springs installed, they did however lack the lower rubber front skirt. please see the pic below. Mine has this little rubber "flap" from the factory. The guys at LMS said they hadn't seen it before, and it was not on the 2 2013 SHOs they had there. One was a PP car and the other was not. So the question is do you have it? If you lowered your car and had it did you remove it?

Thanks!

One reason I am asking as on mine this has rubbed already, If it doesn't need to be there I would like to remove it. I like the look of the car better without it anyway.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2279[/ATTACH]

post-912-142532296473_thumb.jpg

Not yet, but I plan on doing Eibachs soon. Theres a place on my road that it hits right now at stock height if I dont slow down enough, I got out and check one day, and while the flap was almost touching, I had a good amount of room before the actual bumper touched. Because I was worried about that one spot for when I do lower the car. So ive thought about removing it as well.

We've sorta had this discussion before some people removed the rubber spoiler along the bottom. Mine got removed from my car while at a meeting. When getting it replaced it is only on the SHO's, other models did not have it. (That was prior to the 13's being available) However, it was kinda, sorta determined here that the people that removed it and the plastic cover under the engine experienced more hood shake with these parts removed. Mine does scrap, almost everytime I pull out of my driveway, but I use Aerospace 303 Protectant on it and it still looks good.

We've sorta had this discussion before some people removed the rubber spoiler along the bottom. Mine got removed from my car while at a meeting. When getting it replaced it is only on the SHO's' date=' other models did not have it. (That was prior to the 13's being available) However, it was kinda, sorta determined here that the people that removed it and the plastic cover under the engine experienced more hood shake with these parts removed. Mine does scrap, almost everytime I pull out of my driveway, but I use Aerospace 303 Protectant on it and it still looks good.[/quote']

Thanks! Interesting that the 2 at LMS did not have it on the cars, weird. I'll leave mine on for now and see if it rubs and how bad.