Ecoboost Owner Forums

This car needs a custom fiberglass hood.....

lsdozer

I contacted MRT myself quite a few months back in regards to their hood as depicted in the picture that Scrming posted....

They said that was a 'one-off' build and that allegedly, to re-create the same hood, the related cost(s) would be astronomical.

The rep I spoke with said they had ZERO interest in mass producing these.

Here's another image of a custom hood, this SHO is the one H&R (springs) owns:

_MG_0751.jpg

Looks to me like they just cut open the hood and inserted generic, rectangular, heat extractors. Still looks good IMHO.

There are ideas floating around out there, but like with anything related to product for our line of cars, the aftermarket world is probably just trying to gauge interest levels before pulling the trigger on the R&D and upstart fabrication cost(s).

Another reason why I try my best to provide all of you with the vendor information on stuff I've found thus far for my SHO. Why? Cuz collectively it helps us all out, as well the vendors themselves :thumb:

SHO Source hit me up a year or so ago about making a carbon fiber hood for our cars. Haven't heard back from them since but it was something they wanted to do if enough were interested in it.

Personally I wouldnt want a carbon fiber one, but thats just me.

Personally I wouldnt want a carbon fiber one' date=' but thats just me.[/quote']

I'm not saying I would want one on a silver car, but on a black car it may look ok. I had two carbon fiber hoods on two of my previous SHOs that were black and it looked good. The ones pictured on this thread earlier are sweet looking for sure! But just the effort that they would go and do something like this may get others motivated as well.

• 1 month later...

I'm sure once the price drops more on our cars in the used market and more poeple buy them, that the aftermarket will kick in. You don't see too many 18 year olds buying a $30k used car. I'd love to see the aftermarket make more parts for our car. I know I'd love to see hoods, and other body parts available to us.

Archived