Ecoboost Owner Forums

About Time! New 2011 Ford Taurus SHO owner!!

tjtheman007

Hey all! Been lurking around here for a little while but finally, as of yesterday, I am not a proud owner of a 2011 Black Ford Taurus SHO. (It will be the wife's car primarily) Black on Black interior too. Got it Ford Certified Pre-Owned

I live about an hour south of Chicago and drove to the Grand Rapids area to pick it up yesterday. Couldn't be happier!!

Just wanted to say hey and post up a few pictures:

Also, I've seen on here "PP" and "Non PP"... what does that stand for?

Thanks!

2013-04-19185809_zps145e3292.jpg

2013-04-19175017_zps2e90160f.jpg

2013-04-19174931_zpsacd224e1.jpg

2013-04-19174852_zps0cb7bc19.jpg

Welcome fellow Illinoisian! :welcome:

Good to see another member close to me.....

PP is for performance package.

Non-PP is not the PP.

Easiest way to tell is two ways (although there are more/other ways).

No spare tire in trunk, but you'll have the inflator kit back there.

Other easiest way is if you hold down the traction control button, you can completely disable it, where as non-pp models, it only reduces it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you!!!

Looking into a number of your products as well. I'm pretty handy, so I like to mod things on my own, sense of accomplishment :RpS_thumbsup:

Well... looks like I have the non-pp. I have a spare in the trunk... I'll have to test out the Traction control thing. Is there any way to mod the traction control button in Non-PP to turn it off completely? Any other major differences??

Thanks again!

I am not a proud owner of a 2011 Black Ford Taurus SHO. (It will be the wife's car primarily)

Welcome from the "SHO-OFF the SOUTH" GROUP. MOST of the SHO in Ga are the Wife's DD. I got my SHO BEFORE I GOT THE 2nd WIFE. AND SHE KNOWS!!!!!! THAT THE SHO IS "THE OTHER WOMAN" LIVE WITH IT!!!!!!!LOL

Thanks All!!

I look forward to the modding aspect of owning the car the most. So much potential!

We love it so far! There is nothing we dislike yet! We didn't initially like the center console, but now using it more often, we actually really like it!!

The car is so comfortable to drive and ride in!

Anyway, I look forward to being a contributing member here and learning a lot more about our new car!

shoman04:

My wife as well knows my SHO is my mistress as well & is she jealous. Complains if I took as good of care of her as I do my SHO, she would be happy. But when you're in love your in love. Mark my replacement calipher covers are due in today according to UPS. Can't wait. Will post pic. Then got to get rotors, pads & them installed. Welcome 007 to the group. As some said when somebody else joined, This site is great source of info & a sure fired way of lightning your wallet.

Thanks All!!

I look forward to the modding aspect of owning the car the most. So much potential!

We love it so far! There is nothing we dislike yet! We didn't initially like the center console, but now using it more often, we actually really like it!!

The car is so comfortable to drive and ride in!

Anyway, I look forward to being a contributing member here and learning a lot more about our new car!

Haha, you sound exactly like I did when I got mine last August and I feel the same way now every time I get into it!