Ecoboost Owner Forums

LED interior trunk lights

Well I read through all 33 pages of "what did you do to your ecoboost today" and found a great idea from glock-coma. So I went to Walmart and bought two 12" white LED light strips with the 3M backing. I put them on the top painted part of the trunk interior and wow, what a difference. I wired them into the stock trunk light wiring harness using a couple blade connectors. A great mod for under $20. This is a picture in my dark garage with no flash.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2363[/ATTACH]

post-488-142532296587_thumb.jpg

post-488-142532296587_thumb.jpg

Very sharp!

I can't believe Ford Motor Company doesn't pick up on this from a factory, OEM application perspective.

I mean geezuz :doh:

A mere $20 on an individual purchase price point, I'm sure can be whittled down to mere peanuts when dealing in bulk at tens of thousands of units.

C'mon Ford, wake up and start including this in the newest models!

The trunk lighting as it sits currently, is incredibly piss poor and look at the difference our members are making with just a minor investment!

Looks great!! :RpS_thumbsup:

Thanks for the great idea!!!!

Very sharp!

I can't believe Ford Motor Company doesn't pick up on this from a factory, OEM application perspective.

I mean geezuz :doh:

A mere $20 on an individual purchase price point, I'm sure can be whittled down to mere peanuts when dealing in bulk at tens of thousands of units.

C'mon Ford, wake up and start including this in the newest models!

The trunk lighting as it sits currently, is incredibly piss poor and look at the difference our members are making with just a minor investment!

Amen. I use my trunk a lot during the dark winters. I fought my '10 for 3 years. I could never find anything in that dark trunk and would sometimes use my LED headlight to look for things. I never thought of such a cheap and simple idea. Ford really should be doing something like this stock.

• 3 weeks later...