Ecoboost Owner Forums

sho floor mats

I replaced my regular floor mats that have the letters SHO on the side as after 3 years were getting dirty looking with some weathertek mats. They are great fitting & look sharp. But when I show my car I want to put regular mats back in. What would be a good way to get the letters SHO as close to possible back to original white color.

Thanks

MikeV

Adam's Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner...used according to directions. I have also used 1 oz. of Mr. Clean mixed to 1 gallon of warm water. I will use a cloth that has been dampened with this to scrub the carpet...it may take several applications to get the dirt completely out of the carpet.

I've thrown mine into the washing machine in the past.

Pre-treated with a lil bit of Resolve (spray) has always worked well for me.

I suppose a lil bit of Oxi-Clean, pre-moistened & applied like a paste to the embroidered letters themselves would also work pretty well too.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

thanks guys, some good ideas, as regular car carpet cleaner gets the carpet clean but the letters need the work. all i know was a good move to get them out & I can't believe how well the weathertek ones fit. not cheap but got them in less than a week. just wish my car guy was as fast 2 projects waiting on him.

You can't go wrong with WeatherTech...I've had them in several vehicles and they always fit great. They also have great customer service. The driver's side mat for the SHO had an edge that folded down and didn't hold shape. When I contacted them, they replaced both front mats at no cost! They are not cheap but when you get a great product and great customer service, it's worth the cost.

I have had really good success using the pressure washer at the do it yourself carwash. Mine has clips on the wall to hang the mats from, which lets the dirty water run out and helps them drain to dry. You'd be surprised how much dirt comes out. The water comes out black at first and I just keep cleaning till it runs clear. Also does a great job helping to fluff them back up.